OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woodhaven carbon crystal vision

Started by harvester, February 07, 2014, 06:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvester

Scott Ellis just posted a video on Facebook of him running the call. Sounds pretty good but it still ain't nowhere near $200 good. I've heard just as good, if not better from call makers on here. JMO.

drum817

Those guys are free to "ask" whatever they want to for a call....it's a free market...LOL!!  But I tend to agree with you.  I own A LOT of pot calls that I'll put up against any of the WH stuff for 1/2 to 1/4 of the price.  There will always be those folks who believe that if it cost more then it MUST somehow be better.  Scott is a GREAT caller and he would probably sound good with a striker on a chalk board!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

harvester

Quote from: drum817 on February 07, 2014, 08:21:25 PM
Those guys are free to "ask" whatever they want to for a call....it's a free market...LOL!!  But I tend to agree with you.  I own A LOT of pot calls that I'll put up against any of the WH stuff for 1/2 to 1/4 of the price.  There will always be those folks who believe that if it cost more then it MUST somehow be better.  Scott is a GREAT caller and he would probably sound good with a striker on a chalk board!!!

Your exactly right, people will pay a lot more just because of a name or high price. Thinks it gives them an edge. I think I will just keep killing turkey's with my cheap calls. Spend the rest for gas.

Old Gobbler

Admittedly $200 is not what most people are used to paying for a call, -  but hey I charge 150 for a push pin and can't keep up with orders and many here make trumpets and the like for way more - heck there is 8 pages worth of $120-$180 dollar duck calls in the Mack's prairie wings catalog and they sell like hot cakes

I looked into the call , it does sound VERY good , and comes with a few extras like a walnut box case , you can use for keeping things like a beards , shells etc...... 3 strikers and I think a call conditioner - so these extras start to add up - little here , little there ... It adds up - The call soundboard --carbon-- from  what I was told ( let's just say a very reliable source ) is quite expensive , more than initially speculated and difficult to safely process into its final configuration -

not that I am picking up for any person , but be forewarned that there were several threads in the past from people who sell calls for profit here commenting or trying to high jack ,  and they were less than flattering -  please be cautious that you do not want to set a persona to the oldgobbler site , that having callmakers  openly commenting negatively about another companies product , this so lends a open invitation for others to challenge those people about the sound quality , performance , and cost structure / business practice of any said callmaker here - I've seen folks try and hijack threads to,sell their own product ....please be cautious again , if it becomes common practice , every time a callmaker posts a thread of a call he would like to sell , it could become FairPlay to hijack your thread , knock off $10 and try and jack the sale -  that wouldn't be cool now would it ?

I have had on several occasions without soliciting the answer , where a callmaking conversation rambled into the subject of the woodhaven cherry glass call ( this is no bs ....)when talking to many callmaking company folks , tell me that the woodhaven cherry glass call was flat out the best sounding pot call on the market , I'm not making that statement , woodhavens competition said that , and .....several...... of them have told me that , I've also heard of people putting the cherry call on a bandsaw and cutting the call part to figure out the construction , it's done very well on the call comp  scene and nobody can deny that - I've run many of woodhavens mouth calls , and they are darn good , there are no duds in their product line - a buddy of mine has a cherry crystal , and I got to admit , it is a very good sounding call , and I have played a few in my day

woodhaven is a business , they make what people want to buy , if they decide it's what they want , then crack goes the wallet , if they don't like it , they can buy anyone of the other calls they make  - they do charge a lot , but they do sound good if I might add -other people will have to decide if it's worth the expenditure to get one

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: drum817 on February 07, 2014, 08:21:25 PM

Great post and spot on!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens