OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wind?

Started by talltines, March 12, 2011, 10:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talltines

Wanted to pattern my gun today, but the wind is blowing about 5- 10 MPH.  How much do you guys think this would affect my pattern and sighting in?

shootumindaface

If you can put it at your back it will minimalize the effects.. I shot yesterday in 20mph winds and the patterns were suprisingly good, I had it at about 8 oclock

redleg06

5-10mph is about as good as it gets in my area (north TX) where the wind always blows.  Try to get it at your back if possible but in no more wind than that I wouldnt think it would be too drastic in affecting your pattern.

Gobble!

Yep what they said. Keep it at your back but if you can't owell. The conditions in the turkey woods are not always perfect.

talltines

Yeah.  Wouldnt bother me so much if I was just checking my pattern, but Im also trying to get my sight lined in. Not to mention I dont want to waste any of my high dollar hevi shot. 

May just wait on it.

hookedspur

Quote from: Gobble! on March 12, 2011, 11:32:05 AM
Yep what they said. Keep it at your back but if you can't owell. The conditions in the turkey woods are not always perfect.
:agreed: doesn't hurt to check them in all conditions.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ILIKEHEVI-13

Small winds like that aren't really going to effect your pattern that much.  They will effect you poi being more off from your poa.  It's the strong winds I try to avoid for they will tend to have more swirling winds that will blow your shot off from what they originally want to do.