Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Do you cover your eyes completely with a facemask?

Started by WVhuntEER, February 06, 2014, 04:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringtown

My grandfather told me when I was starting to chase turkeys something similar to what was stated above. Said they aren't very smart but wild as hell. Spend their whole lives trying not to die. Has seemed to sum it up from my experience.

I have blue eyes and have gotten to where I usually wear face paint.

VA_Birdhunter

NO....I can't have anything in my way blocking the show!  That's what we do it for the SHOW!!!  I can't even stand having anything over my ears or touching them while turkey hunting.  For some reason I think its muffling my hearing even though I know its not.  Thank God I have excellent hearing...just wish I didn't have to put these contacts in every morning.  But it could be worse so I'm blessed!

God Bless

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Eric Gregg

Pull your bill down low and put the nose part as high as you can and you won't have to worry about it. The most important thing to worry about is your movement. Be still and that will cover a lot.

TrackeySauresRex

No,I wear a hawk eye net with a boonie or a ball cap.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

tomstopper

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 06, 2014, 04:27:10 PM
I got blue eyes and I wear a 1/2 mask and keep my cap low just as you said.  Just be sure to keep your mask above your ears and you'll be fine.  being able to utilize my side vision is very important to me when I am hunting.
Exactly..... They never see my blue eyes.... They are usually flopping around way before they have a chance...

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Turkey Trot on February 06, 2014, 04:31:18 PMthey are not geniuses.  They have very small brains and generally are not as smart as people, except Obama voters.
then you might want to control rapid blinking of your baby blues to prevent him from wanting to mate with you.  ;D ;D 
;D :lol: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

I never cover my eyes with my facemask. Restricts my vision too much.

TRKYHTR

I don't cover my eyes with my facemask but I have been known to squint my eyes so a turkey wouldn't see the whites of my eyes.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Hooter

Yes, I have a complete camo screen built into my hat, but I have a hole cut out for my aiming eye.
Had trouble seeing through the screen in the wee hours when they come in quick off of roost.

turkey_slayer

I rarely wear gloves or a mask. If it's cold I wear fleece just for the warmth. If he can see my eyes I should have done blowed his head off

Mike Honcho

I'm a bow hunter and I do the same thing 2Eagles does and have for years when deer or turkeys are extremely close to me....I don't always shoot turkeys when they are close enough to see me...seems like sometimes they are of the female variety.

I wear the same spandex camo facemask , lightweight, with an approximate 3" tall by 5" wide eye opening, that I use when deer hunting, when I turkey hunt.  For deer I just layer them, ie wear two for colder weather with a camo stocking cap over.  In turkey season I either wear a camo baseball cap over the mask or just the mask.

Being completely motionless is still the key.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Gobble!

Eric Gregg

turkeyfoot

I wear glasses so it will fog so just put mask over nose never had any problem

WildSpur

I wear a 3/4 mask and pull it up as far as I can comfortably take it.  I will never cover my eyes.  I  am sure with my hat brim down near my gun there is a darkening effect.

I don't think a bird will pick up your blue eyes but think he will pic up a swaying gun sling which Imo spooks more birds than anything.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less