turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Eye glass wear'ers

Started by cluck, February 06, 2014, 02:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cluck

I found a new purpose for an old pair of eye glasses. If you wear bi-focal glasses, and use a scope, sometimes you will see two crosshairs because your eye or head is not alined behind the scope properly. This made me ask why my fiber optic sights on my shotgun blend togeather and are not sharply defind anymore. This gave me the idea to try a pair of old pre-bifocial glass'es that I kept from ten or fifteen years ago. And guess what? The fiber-optic became as sharply defined as before. The anti-glare stuff can also cause problems seeing things sharply. All you young guys who don't wear bi-focal  lens (yet)better keep the old glass'es. Mine has made a big difference. Sure glad I did.      cluck

FullChoke

This is a good post. After reading it, I remembered that I have a pair of prescription safety glasses that my eyes are more comfortable with for distance viewing than my regular progressive lenses. I will have to try these out this year. :icon_thumright:

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

R AJ

Good post. I get my trifocals and then get a single lens for shooting, golf.

Polarized lenses can mess up depth finder screen viewing also.

CrustyRusty

Sucks getting old huh?  I hate wearing glasses since they always fog up, but without them can't see well and cataracts aren't bad enough to get the surgery with new lenses yet.    I guess that's why a lot of ole timers I hunt with use scopes.

M R Ducks

I wear progressive lenses and focus is not a problem.  I have a pair of single vision shooting glasses and they work great for seeing "down range," but with my astigmatism I can't see squat with them up close. 

Next time you buy glasses, try a progressive lens.  They work really well for me.

Ducks

Byhalia

Yep, my eyes are not what they use to be....good post !!
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/