turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I want a box call question

Started by 2eagles, February 06, 2014, 12:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

I've decided to upgrade my box call.  It's a cheapie of wood and plastic that might be OK, but I'm looking at something better.  I didn't realize box calls come in different sizes and so many kinds of wood.  I'm pretty new to this site and I really like seeing all the calls made members.  I'm looking for opinions here.  Help me out!  Thanks, guys.

goblr77

Get a Billy White Hustlin' Hen. You can thank me later.

bigbird

I got a real hen box call made by woodhaven for Christmas that sounds pretty good. But they have raised their prices, for what they want for one now I would buy a David halloran. They have YouTube clips online and I've heard good things on here about them.

mossyoakpro

X2 on the Hustlin hen....

Sent from my waiting on March 15 device.

Phillippians 4:13

drum817

I swear by my SS box calls...100% customer satisfaction money back guarantee.  They stuff a turkey inside everyone of em'!!!   :icon_thumright:

http://www.sscustomcalls.com/customcalls.html
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

dreis3

Quote from: drum817 on February 06, 2014, 01:46:27 PM
I swear by my SS box calls...100% customer satisfaction money back guarantee.  They stuff a turkey inside everyone of em'!!!   :icon_thumright:

http://www.sscustomcalls.com/customcalls.html

Yup!  What he said... Can't beat their field grades for the price and killer sound.
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

hunter22

I have well over 100 short box calls and I hunt with an Irving Whitt, Ed Terefencko, or Albert Paul call. Hard to beat proven success.

Turkey Trot

Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

R.W. Mackey

There are some great calls mentioned already, let me give you one piece of advice before you make your decision. Don't let cost hold you back from a good custom call, don't cut corners with a box call.
They are seriously good calls, and a custom call will sound so much better than the best mass produced
Call. You can have one made in whatever wood combo you want and get it tuned Hi, Lo or anywhere in between. The best money you will ever spend. I don't have as many as Hunter 22, but I've got several, you won't go wrong with any of the recommended call makers, but I'll throw my vote in for Al with
SS calls, great guy and will positively give you what you want.
  Good luck,

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

packmule

Don't overlook a Rohm brothers poplar and cherry box call.  It sells for $20-25 and is very good.

mwr

scoot12

I would like to add Jerry Zebros field grade box and Darrin Dawkins makes an awesome box.  Scoot

ky turkey hunter

Richard Hudson , Albert Paul , Irving Whitt all make great box calls as far as wood the sky is the limit but I like walnut over butternut and all walnut

TnTurk

For quality, sound, and price it would be hard to beat the Hustlin Hen or SS field grade box. If you do your part, they will surely do theirs.