OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Barrel Decal Instruction

Started by keyser12ga, March 12, 2011, 07:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyser12ga

For those who haven't done it before, here is a brief tutorial for applying the stickers.  I found this video online, but unfortunately the computer I'm on doesn't have sound, so if anything he is saying sounds crazy or defies logic, use your discretion, but it pretty much is just like he is doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERd5SQsq-3U

I'll post some pics tonight of our specific application.

I cleaned my barrel where the sticker was going to go with rubbing alcohol and a lint free rag, if you are concerned that alcohol may hurt your barrel bluing, use windex or whatever you are comfortable with.  You basically just want to degrease and get rid of the lint where the sticker will go.

Both of your stickers and the small turkey tracks all come on one masked/backed piece, so carefully cut between them to get the separate stickers. 

The biggest thing is to make sure you've got the sticker level and where you want it before you start to go, there really isn't any changing it once you start or you will mess up the sticker.  I trim off the excess tape/backing right at the top edge or (bottom edge if you prefer) of the sticker so I can see exactly how it is lined up. You want the backing toward the barrel and the masked part on top.  Put a piece or two of masking tape along the top or bottom edge depending on where you want to start from and tape to the barrel once you have it lined up where you want it.  Your piece of masking tape will be like a hinge so you can rotate the sticker down and it will still be in position as you rotate it up/down.

I use a credit card for the application, remove part of the backing and as you rotate the sticker into position, use the credit card to gently rub on the masked part of the sticker to push out the air bubbles and transfer it to the barrel, then remove the rest of the backing and do the rest of the sticker the same way.  Once all the backing is removed and you've got the masked sticker applied to the barrel, go over it a few times rubbing with the credit card to make sure you have good adhesion.  Once done, grab on the end of the masking, and slowly begin to pull off the mask from the applied sticker, go slowly, if it appears any part of the sticker is coming back off the barrel, stop and gently rub that part with the credit card to reapply it to the barrel before continuing to remove the mask.

I hope this helps.

harvester

They just arrived in the mail. Might have time tonight to put them on. Josh  :you_rock:  :z-guntootsmiley:

harvester

Quote from: harvester on March 12, 2011, 05:20:27 PM
They just arrived in the mail. Might have time tonight to put them on. Josh  :you_rock:  :z-guntootsmiley:

Got one put on and it looks awesome, cant wait to take an ole longbeards picture next to it.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Can't decide to put the other one on the 20 gauge or on the otherside of the Mossberg.

ElkTurkMan

Josh I got mine yesterday and put one of them on today.  It looks sharp!  Thanks again for lining all of this up.

Ricochet

I got mine - thanks!  It look s real good on my shotgun - I need to take a pic and post it here.
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...

gob09

got mine too......they look awesome on the ole 870