OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DSD Upright or new Leading hen - Which would you buy?

Started by PALongspur, February 03, 2014, 07:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PALongspur

Gamblinman

Leading hen. Has a more relaxed, natural posture.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

30_06

The upright seems more versatile to me since you can use it as a breeder as well.

Chris Downs

I agree with both of the previous statements.  I think if I was without a hen decoy though, I'd probably go with the leading hen.  It looks amazing.

bigbird

alloutdoors

The new deke looks pretty sweet. That said, you'd have a hard time ever convincing me that you killed a turkey over either decoy that wouldn't have been killed just as easily over the other.

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

stringtown

If ordering from DSD directly you better hurry and decide. I ordered some and was told 2 weeks in it would be 3 more weeks. They should be here in plenty of time but depending on where you live it might be pushing season opener at this point.

MKMGOBL

Quote from: Gamblinman on February 03, 2014, 09:28:26 PM
Leading hen. Has a more relaxed, natural posture.

Gman

X2 :icon_thumright:

I ordered the feeding hen back on X-mas day just for that reason about & it having a relaxed comfortable pose. However, had I known about the leading hen back then I might of gone with it. Also, if you can only get the Leading Hen at Cabela's. Good luck with whatever decoy you go with :icon_thumright:
"Luck Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity"

Gobble!

I use the upright hen as a breeder but it look like the leading hen could do it too so I would go with the leading hen

PALongspur

slamman

Quote from: PALongspur on February 06, 2014, 10:52:34 AM
Thanks for the input, ordered a Leading Hen.  :icon_thumright:

I received mine last week looks relly good

Dan Mallia

Got mine yesterday, really like the posture of this decoy, can't wait to get in the field.

It's pouring rain here otherwise I'd get some outside pics......