turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New meat stick

Started by REBELYELL, March 12, 2011, 12:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

It's not a turkey gun, but I love this new rifle. It started out as an out of the box Rem 700 CDL SF in 7MM rem mag. Ditched the fancy wood stock and added a Bell & Carlson Alaskan II stock, and a black-T finish from Birdsong. Fell in love when I saw the Rem 700 AWR II rifle in the Remington custom shop, but this is close enough at a whole lot less coin.

BowBendr

A great looking rifle you got there RY, I also really like how the dual dovetail mounts and rings add to the clean lines look of your set-up. Nice rifle.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

tjh24

That is a very nice set up.  Great optics as well.  Good luck!

Hardtime_NC

Very Nice!   I love those Conquests.
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

S.C.C

VERY NICE!!!Luv those Remmys and B/C stocks aswell... :z-guntootsmiley:

Should make you a tack driver if you handload! :icon_thumright:

Odessa

That is a very sharp looking rig - nice.  I'd like to do something similar in order to have an all-weather rifle, but it would probably be a .30-06 SPRG for me.  I might steal your design ideas though!
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

hookedspur

My favorite caliber too, very nice  :z-winnersmiley:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bowhunter84

TScottW99

Great looking rifle!!  :icon_thumright:  What bullet do you hope to shoot in her?  I am a huge fan of the 160 grain Accubond myself.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Hognutz

Nice looking rig you got there, Rebelyell. I bet she is goiing to be a shooter. You can't beat the Remington's, right out of the box. Very nice, indeed..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

ericjames

allchokedup

Thats a sweet looking gun. Congrats.

goblr77

That looks great. 700's are my favorite rifles by far.

Gold Spur

Excellent setup you got there Reb...  :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

spur collector

sharp looking rifle you have there