OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

barrel issue...

Started by Jayhawkeye, March 12, 2011, 12:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawkeye

i have a small problem with my Beretta A390's barrel.  it's almost impossible to remove the barrel.  i've tried a deep cleaning and i used a generous amount of regular gun oil, but it still got stuck in the receiver.  would a a product like, loctite's anti-seize grease work to prevent this problem?  any recommendations?
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

Odessa

Assuming nothing is wrong (burr, out of spec milling, etc.) I would put a very thin coat (paper thin) of a milspec grease on the top of the mating surfaces.  I have used both Tetra gun grease and Kleenbore TW25B for years in my M1 Garands and those products will hold up.  In fact I use a very light coat of Tetra grease on my choke tube threads and have never had one seaze up on me when using it.  I also use it on the bearing surfaces of my SxS and O/U shotguns.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge