turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wet calls

Started by tbarfiel22, February 02, 2014, 11:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarfiel22

I live down in south mississippi and commonly have to swim sloughs high water etc... I was wondering if you guys have a suggestion of a good pot call that i can get soaking wet without it messing up. I know its hard to come by and i mainly just use a mouth call but just wondering if yall possibly knew a trick or a good call i might could come by. Thanks

REBELYELL

I don't know about swimming it underwater, but I just got an Enticer Wet One aluminum in a composite pot for hunting on rainy and wet days. I was pleasantly surprised as it sounded good enough to hunt with on sunny days. Al Holbert, owner of the company, also offers the same call in glass and slate, as well as a Corian pot in aluminum and glass. I picked up a Woods Wise Wet Stick on ebay for less than $10 shipped and it sounds great on the Wet One aluminum pot. That combo will surely be in my vest on those foul weather days. Google Enticer Turkey Calls and give Al a call. He will run calls over the phone for you and can let you know how wet they can get and still play. He is probably at the Harrisburg PA show this week, so it might take a few days to get him. All his pot calls he ran for me were pure turkey.

REBELYELL

callmakerman

Enticer wet one is the way to go. Al's motto is that the wet one plays better wet than most do dry. I've had one for 10 years and love the call for the real damp conditions and if she starts to dry out just toss it in the water it wont hurt it and it really does sound awesome wet. The Woods Wise is a great striker for the wet as well. Al's at the Harrisburg show this week but I think you can order from the web site

WildSpur

I like ceramic with a carbon striker.  Plays in anything.   Though I never had my wooden pots totally soaked they are sealed so I am sure that can help.  I am sure a plastic pot with ceramic,  metal, or crystal is what you will want.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

TauntoHawk

a Corian pot with a blasted glass, or anodized aluminum surface would work great. Joe Slaton makes a corian pot I believe
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cut*N*Run

I have a blasted glass corian call that I use on rainy days. That thing could sit at the bottom of a lake for a week and I wouldn't worry about it. A corian or aluminum tipped striker works perfectly with it.

Sully53

I got to play some of Al's pot calls at the Harrisburg show yesterday, his corian pots do sound good, I really liked the Sidekick!

Brian

RaspyD

I use the Screamin' Demon, which is a Corian pot call from Perfection.  Calls when wet with a corian or acrylic stiker.
Perfection Turkey Calls