OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm lost

Started by Uchee creek gobblers, February 02, 2014, 05:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uchee creek gobblers

I shoot a sx3 nwtf with a rob Roberts 655 choke and I was really disappointed in my patterns. Only got around 100 with mag blends and 180s with long beard 6s. I was expecting a lot more then that. I believe my patterns were better with my Winchester turkey choke.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

TheSportsman

Your way overchoked for a sx3. Try a .670-.675 choke.  Mine loves the Pure Gold .670.  Indian creek also has a great choke for that gun too in .675.  Try that, you will be very happy.

owlhoot

Who recommended the 655?

drum817

Call William at SumToy Customs....He will fix you up & offers a GREAT exchange/return policy (which you probably won't need) !!!  http://www.sumtoycustoms.com/
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

owlhoot

Doesn't Rob Roberts have that also, since he has already got 70 bucks in his?

drum817

Quote from: owlhoot on February 02, 2014, 05:27:10 PM
Doesn't Rob Roberts have that also, since he has already got 70 bucks in his?

I don't know anything about Mr. Roberts.  If he does offer an exchange service then that might be the best way to go.  On a personal level, I have shot a boat load of different chokes through the years and I have found a home at SumToy...couldn't be happier with my patterns and the service William gives.  I recommend SumToy because I know William will always do everything he can to make his customer happy and get them the results they are looking for.  :icon_thumright:

owlhoot

His chokes diffidently put up the good patterns. My next choice will be a sumtoy. USA made too.

Uchee creek gobblers

One of the guys at robs shop told me to shoot the 655. He told me they would exchange it till i got what i want.The choke that came in the gun was a 660 and patterned real good I may go back to it.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

drum817

Quote from: owlhoot on February 02, 2014, 06:33:53 PM
His chokes diffidently put up the good patterns. My next choice will be a sumtoy. USA made too.

Good deal Owlhoot!!!  :icon_thumright: :you_rock: :icon_thumright:

owlhoot

Does the X 3's have same barrels as X2?

drum817

They have the same choke thread & they are both back bored....but I'm not sure they are identical.

owlhoot

What shells you shooting? 3 1/2?

teke

Indian Creek BDS .665 for my SX3. Get well over 200 with Hevi 7's. Think your a little over choked.

Gobble!

Quote from: Uchee creek gobblers on February 02, 2014, 05:13:06 PM
I shoot a sx3 nwtf with a rob Roberts 655 choke and I was really disappointed in my patterns. Only got around 100 with mag blends and 180s with long beard 6s. I was expecting a lot more then that. I believe my patterns were better with my Winchester turkey choke.

I assume you got it from Rob. Before you look into any other choke manufacturers tell Rob your not happy and see if he will work it out with you.
If that does not work then call some of the other guys. I'm a big fan of Indian Creek, throws some mean patterns from my 870.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Both the SX2 and SX3 have the same .742 backbored barrel.