OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

535 with .670 factory choke

Started by hs strut, January 31, 2014, 10:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hs strut

hey folks i shot the 535 today with both the 28'' barrel and the 22'' barrel both had the .670 xx full factory choke and federal 3.5 #5s at 2oz these were my patterns after the deep clean the brown box was the 28" barrel at 40yds in a 10'' square my total count was 73 pellets the white box was the 22'' barrel at 40yds in a 10'' circle i had 43 pellets. would these be a good pattern for the stock choke would it be a good idea to buy a trulock .660 choke what do you guys think ive used a 20guage till now
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

SCDieselDawg

hs strut

3.5 2oz flightcontrols seems like a poor pattern we deep cleaned before it was shot
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

djenkins32

I have a 535 and shoot a Indian creek choke and with the new Winchester longbeard i put 177 #6 pellets in a ten inch circle, i may be wrong but i dont think the flight control can be shot through the indian creek

chatterbox

Personally, I wouldn't hunt with either of those patterns. Not only are your numbers low, but there are huge gaps in the pattern.
I had one of those guns, and shooting it with 3.5" loads, was like getting into a car wreck! To be honest, I had never shot a gun with such violent recoil.
Personally, I had great results with a .660 Jelly Head choke. I shot Hevi-13 3-2-6, and it patterned fantastic.
Now, if you are going to shoot lead, I would look at the Winchester Longbeard XR, but go with a 3" shell, or if Federal still makes them, the Turkey Thugs.
Now I don't care what Winchester claims about ridiculously long shots with their new shell. Lead is still lead, and as long as you are disciplined enough to keep your shots at 40 yards and under, you will be fine.
Good luck! :icon_thumright:

hs strut

thanks for the replies yall ive got the trulock .660 from my buddy and a .660 jellyhead ive also piced up some 3'' federals 1 3/4 oz 6 shots mag shoks the gun shop where i bought the jelly head said to try them with it he told thats what he uses and he gets a good pattern with his 535 if these shells dont pattern well with either choke ill try the hevi-13 shells