Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

10ga Browning BPS Nitro Mega Weight Sumtoy Choke

Started by Red Clay, January 30, 2014, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Clay

40 degrees, 40 yards, .700 Sumtoy, Nitro mega weight. Clean barrel, but not polished.
241 in the 10"
190 in the 20"
431 total

deerpoo22

Red Clay

Yes. That is right. Also, It is the mega weight so the pellet count is lower than if it was hevi shot.
I also bought some straight #6 mega weight....but I am gong to wait until a warmer temp.
Btw sumtoy was great to work with.

deerpoo22

Straight 6 should be great too. I lookin at mega weight with 6 mega by 7 hevi. Imo there's absolutely no reason to have 4 and 5 mega weight in a turkey shell. Overkill If you ask me.  And just degrades patterns for no reason. 

Red Clay

I totally agree.
I think I would prefer the higher pellet count instead of the 4's and 5's.

deerpoo22

It's a shame nitro don't offer straight 7 mega weight. That'd be one hell of a shell.

Spring Fever

tha bugman

:you_rock:
Quote from: deerpoo22 on January 31, 2014, 11:25:43 PM
It's a shame nitro don't offer straight 7 mega weight. That'd be one hell of a shell.

deadbuck

puppy

I am new to the forum but have been shooting a 10 ga for close to 15 yrs. I shoot a BPS with 26" barrel and a IC .690 with Nitro Mega Weights in 4x5x6x7, I saw you talking about straight 6 Mega Weights and 6x7 Mega Weights, do you have to ask for these special from Nitro? I have not seen them listed in their catalogue. BTW, I get 280-290 in a 10" circle at a lasered 40 yds. will polishing the bore help enough to warrant the effort and expense to do it?