OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Face Masks  (Read 9986 times)

Offline bcknuts

Face Masks
« on: January 30, 2014, 05:10:18 PM »
Anybody know a good face mask to wear for people with glasses .Having trouble with one fitting well.  Thanks
Kevin

Offline ericjames

• Longbeard
Re: Face Masks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »
Search bunkerhead facemask. They had one on here the other day that looked like it would really work great with glasses. If I find it I will bump it to the top. It was just a week or so ago when it was on here.

Offline bcknuts

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:03:20 AM »
Thank you ericjames will check it out.
Kevin

Offline Katmandew

Face Masks
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »
Primos 3/4 ninja

Offline bcknuts

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 01:41:14 PM »
Will check out the 3/4 ninja. Thank you Katmandew
Kevin

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 05:05:30 PM »
I don't have glasses but I like these for turkey hunting  quikcamo.com/
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline Tbrom

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 01:33:24 PM »
Any 3/4 works. I really like the quakerboy the best IMHO!

Offline bamagtrdude

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 09:53:45 PM »
Hey, can I ask you a question?  Do you *have* to wear glasses?  I ask because, early on, I wore glasses turkey hunting and man, it was very frustrating...  They'd fog up after I'd run after birds, get hung up in my face mask, etc. etc. etc.  Finally, I ditched glasses & got me some contacts I used during season; *phew* what a difference!!!  Now I wear contacts full-time.

But, if you have to wear glasses, I'd recommend a 3/4 or half mask, and use some Rain-X Anti-Fog (just a little dab on the tip of a Q-Tip, lightly rubbed on the inside & let it dry on its own) would work well, esp on cold and/or hot/humid mornings.

Today, I got a Turkey Thugs full mask @ Wal-Mart for $10; it's the leafy kind, and I'm really lookin' forward to using it this year; prior to that, I had an Allen 3/4 that lasted 15 years (altho it's kinda raggedy now & falling apart).
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Offline kiltman

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 08:40:04 AM »
 If you can't find a mask, you could just use face paint.  I did that a couple times last season.  It was just to hot for a mask.  I keep a pack of baby wipes in the truck and I can remove it before heading home.

Offline MEbeardlover

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 09:01:14 PM »
I don't wear glasses, but may have a suggestion. Check out the Buff headwear. It is a "tube" of cloth that can be configured several ways as headwear. However, if you just slide it over your head like a neck gaiter, you can pull it up over your face. Get your hat low enough with that over your nose and you are good to go. You can order them in camo.

Check out buffwear.com

Offline TrophyTracker

• Everyone's a Pro from the sidelines..
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 09:47:40 PM »
The Quaker Boy Bandito 3/4 mask is hard to beat with its full wire frame that lets you adjust the mask to precisely where you want it, and it stays put. Very affordable too
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Offline Ihuntoldschool

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 09:12:05 PM »
Have to agree with kiltman,   Camo Face paint/grease would probably be best. Those masks are a lot of bother IMO.

Offline WNCTracker

• Longbeard
Face Masks
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 10:31:44 PM »
Have yet to solve this myself. I did find that shaving cream on the lenses worked pretty well except after a long hike.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 11:03:20 PM »
I just got this in the mail. http://buffusa.com/buff-products/tubular/uv-buff-mossy-oak/mo-obsession

It seems like it's going to be perfect for me. I can't stand the mask with the bands and what not. This is nice and comfortable and doesn't get in the way and does about the best job I have found of being sufficient in coverage. This is my 4th mask I have tried and it will be the last I buy.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson