OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Under Armour Turkey Vest

Started by Chris Downs, January 29, 2014, 10:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Cove on February 01, 2014, 06:15:53 PM
I can get what you're saying, but I'm sure not gonna knock someone who shells out 200 for a vest. If it was for a pair of jeans, fancy dinner or jewelry I'd say you're off your rocker . . . but for something turkey hunting and camouflage neh . . . . lol  :toothy9:

Cove buddy I agree with ya I'm not  going to knock anyone that does either....but I would rather show some bling in the call department etc.  But that's me.....
God bless buddy!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

COPPERDOG

Amazing what some people will pay for the UA name.

Gobblerjim

Pick this vest up and grab you one of those $200 woodhaven calls and your good to go

BigBen81

I've never been real impressed with UA's hunting jackets, pants, etc, but their base layers are worth every penny, IMO.

Gobble!

Though to get past that price. I am sure it's a very comfortable and light weight vest but $200 is steep. I thought I was crazy when I spent $150 for my ol Tom vest. 

natman

From the link:
http://www.basspro.com/Under-Armour-Turkey-Trax-Hunting-Vest/product/13052308014515/

Back panel doubles as retractable seat

It appears that you can have a back rest OR a seat, but not both at the same time.

And in order to switch from one to the other, you have to take the vest off.

I think I'll pass.

chcltlabz

I've never seen one, barely even seen it in print, but I am curious, how many people who are talking about the price alone shoot Nitro turkey shells, or a fancy semiautomatic turkey gun?  Its all relative, and we all chose to spend our money on something else.  In the grand scheme of things, if it fits what you're looking for, $200 is a drop in a bucket.  Heck, I'll spend more than that on licenses alone.
A veteran is someone who, at one point, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

mikejd

I paid less for some good turkey guns.

DirtNap647

under armour is for people who want to look cool with the logo to be honest it is not comfortable to me at all I hunt not into lookin like a billboard

busta biggun

Seems like a lot of strong opinions here. I think we have enough in common here that we don't need to look down our noses at people because of the brand of hunting gear they buy! I don't own one of these vests and I don't even like the thing, but I don't feel like judging those that do. I do have some Under Armor gear and I bought it because it is well made, wicks away sweat and doesn't stay wet, plus it lasts a long time without fading. Why is that such a problem for some of you guys? I can understand if you think it's too high priced, but that doesn't mean you need to rip on the folks that feel it's worth the money. We have enough issues dividing our country right now, hunting gear shouldn't be one of them. 

WV Ridge Reaper

If you want something to wick try some mernio wool..You can think me later,nothing wrong with UA other then it's over priced stuff that don't do what it should..My clothes is full of it.

This is UA first year making a turkey vest..So maybe in 3 years they will have the bugs worked out of it and have it made like a vest should be..For a turkey hunter.

There cold weather whitetail gear has came a long ways.The base and stuff like that they make is nothing more then a dirt rag,I learned the hard way.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

greenhead11

Quote from: drum817 on January 30, 2014, 07:08:02 PM
Tee shirt = 10.00-15.00....put a big X and a label on it & becomes a 60.00 shirt.  I know some folks swear by the Under Armour products and to each his own...but I think all the Under Armour stuff is WAAAY over priced.
Most everything is over priced now .

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: busta biggun on February 08, 2014, 11:25:35 AM
Seems like a lot of strong opinions here. I think we have enough in common here that we don't need to look down our noses at people because of the brand of hunting gear they buy! I don't own one of these vests and I don't even like the thing, but I don't feel like judging those that do. I do have some Under Armor gear and I bought it because it is well made, wicks away sweat and doesn't stay wet, plus it lasts a long time without fading. Why is that such a problem for some of you guys? I can understand if you think it's too high priced, but that doesn't mean you need to rip on the folks that feel it's worth the money. We have enough issues dividing our country right now, hunting gear shouldn't be one of them.

No Judgement here Busta....but I agree no judgement should be made.  But in my opinion and for me only its over priced for a vest and for me and me only I would rather so some bling in the call department....its what I love and it helps my addiction!  There is a good chance some of the people I'll be taking this year and guiding will have one....I sure ain't going to kick them out!   This sport or in my case addiction is just as expensive as you make it.  I didn't need one thing this year but here I sit with a new vest (I did kinda need that) a new choke, shells, calls, a new custom friction call on the way and good chances I'm not done yet.  I love it...and as long as it doesn't interfere with my obligations to my family and most of all my Lord and Savior its all good!!!    Good reminder though Busta!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

drenalinld

I will buy it on clearance like I get all my UA gear. It is high but all I have used is high quality.