turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester vs Hevi-Shot

Started by MazeNBlu3, January 29, 2014, 07:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MazeNBlu3

I shoot a Benelli 12GA, with a Primos Jellyhead .655.  And my question is, which round is better the Winchester Super X 3 inch number 5 or the Hevi-Shot magnum blend 3inch #5 turkey loads.

TBab

All you can do is try them. But I myself would bet that your going to do way better with the mag blends. The mag blends are a exactly that a blend of 5's, 6's, and 7's as opposed to the Super-X which is going to be just #5's. I have seen some ridiculous patterns with the mag blends but like I said just shoot them both and go from there.  :anim_25:
Where Lead Meets The Head
Should've had more sense than to try an call a turkey through a barbed wire fence

WildSpur

No doubt you will do better with the hevi shot.  Though both are listed as 5 shot there is a pretty good chance the hevi 5 shot will contain pellet sizes all over the board due to them not being perfectly round.  So there is a chance that you will many pellets smaller than #5.  Performance wise Imo you will do better with the hevi as well.  Your pellets will not deform and due to their shape you will have more tissue damage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

bigbird

Mag blends didn't do well from my SBE II with either the jellyhead or an indian creek tube

Old Gobbler

- apples to apples hevishot shot is going to retain more energy and penetrate deeper than lead
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

davisd9

The hevi will pattern better and hit more like a #3. Lead may fall apart after 35 yards but patterning is the only way to know. Good luck.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer