turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by mfd1027, March 11, 2011, 08:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfd1027

Had a little setback Th.   We went to Naples to visit with some relatives from NH and as I was setting up the trailer  I opened the compartment that holds the 2 ft. section of RR tie I use for the tongue jack and looked away just as I opened it.   Next thing I know it smashes my toe's.   Yeeoooowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :help: I couldn't talk for 20 min.  Anyways,  I'm limping around.   We're going hunting Sunday so I hope I can get my huntin' boots on.   Gonna be tough to run n gun for a few days!! 

Dan

unclerick

Dan that looks bad, soak it in epson salt and pull that nail off, your going to lose it anyway, that happens to me all the time.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

ericjames

harvester

Man, that looks like that hurts. May have to ride the bike around instead of walking, may be a little easier I don't know. Hope it gets better soon. Good Luck this weekend, keep us posted.

Quote from: unclerick on March 11, 2011, 08:12:53 PM
Dan that looks bad, soak it in epson salt and pull that nail off, your going to lose it anyway, that happens to me all the time.

You may want to check on some steel toe shoes if that happens on a regular basis.  :icon_thumright:

unclerick

Quote from: harvester on March 11, 2011, 08:16:50 PM
Man, that looks like that hurts. May have to ride the bike around instead of walking, may be a little easier I don't know. Hope it gets better soon. Good Luck this weekend, keep us posted.

You may want to check on some steel toe shoes if that happens on a regular basis.  :icon_thumright:
I can't were steel toes Dustin, they kill my feet,,,,Dan that even got that 2nd toe as well didn't it?

mfd1027

Yeah Rick.  My big toe and second toe are purple.    I called my doc buddy in Atl. and he told me to leave it alone for now.   It didn't bleed when I first did it and I thought I was going to have to tap it with the ol hot needle but then suddenly last night it let go and started bleeding like hell from under the nail with a few bubbles coming out with the blood.    I can't tell you how much that helped.    I tried on  my hunting boots a while ago and as long as I don't roll up on my toe's I can walk ok.    :happy0064:    I'll be gimping around Sunday but at least I can wear my boots.     :icon_thumright:   
Dan

gob09

quit crying and rub some dirt on it and go kill some birds

im just messin with ya dan  :( :( :(get well soon id be cryin like a lil school girl

harvester

Quote from: unclerick on March 11, 2011, 08:28:12 PM
Quote from: harvester on March 11, 2011, 08:16:50 PM

I can't were steel toes Dustin, they kill my feet,,,,Dan that even got that 2nd toe as well didn't it?

Have you tried Danners? They are the cats meow in my opinion.

unclerick

Quote from: gob09 on March 11, 2011, 08:41:47 PM
quit crying and rub some dirt on it and go kill some birds

im just messin with ya dan  :( :( :(get well soon id be cryin like a lil school girl
There's some of that Wesley love for you guys to see. This is what I have to put up with.

Dan that release under that nail is sweetness ain't it, I generaly have to do mine a couple times a day.

t_eagen13

Yikes, that looks painful! Hope it gets to healing for you quickly!

mfd1027

Dustin.   The Danner's are great boots.   I just get a little nervous not wearing my snake boots this time of year.   I'd be looking at my feet the whole time I was hunting if I didn't have em on.   I haven't seen a single snake "yet" this yr.   Last year I saw 3 big diamondback's in the span of 2 days out there.   I've probably just jinxed myself.   
Dan

keyser12ga

Dang Dan, looks like it hurts!  You're supposed to be putting a hurt on the birds, not yourself, ha.

chatterbox

The lengths some guys go to for sympathy around here........... ;D
Hope it heals up quick, Dan.

nctrkyhntr

dang dan you cant be doing that stuff during turkey season. Im just playing sorry to hear that man. If I know you, youll be chasing them long beards anyways

latimer shedhead

I feel for you Dan, I've been there too. Your gonna loose that toe nail and it takes awhile to heal. Hope it heals soon.