OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trad?

Started by headbanger, February 08, 2011, 11:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox Fire

The long bow and bear pic reminds of  a chance conversation I had with Dan Quilian, I saw a add in a magazine for a long bow kit, I called the number and it was Mr.Quilian but I didnt realize at first who I was talk'n with until he told me his name.
   the kit he was selling was a prefabbed but you had to finish it, after he sold his archery company he had to wait sevral years before he could start up another company, and he was just getting back into it.

He told me of a bear hunt in Alaska, he was hid behind the bottom of a up rooted tree as the bear walked past he drew and shot at 10 feet away (if I remember), he told me it stopped and looked back over its shoulder for a few seconds and walked off and about 30 yards away it fell over.
   he said if he had shot it with a recurve the bear would've heard the string make contact with the limbs and charged him, but with the long bow the string does'nt touch the limbs.

We actually talked fro about a half hour or better, he was a very nice and interest'n also, at times I wish I had called him back just to talk with him.

snow leopard

i drew a permit for the week of april 13-19 here in wisconsin.  i'll be using my 54# griffin with cedar arrow tipped with a 160 grain snuffer.  i would appreciate suggestions from you guys as to what to use  as a call.  this will be my first turkey hunt.  thanks for any help.
"the symbol is not the reality"

headbanger

I use all kinds of calls (pot, box, scratch, diaphram,etc) but when working a bird CLOSE it must be a diaphram IMHO. As little movement as possible and then less than that :anim_25:

headbanger

Shoregobbler

Gonna try the recurve this year as well. Got a Bear Grizzly in factory camo a while back. Been practicing alot. Can't wait.