OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Duck hunting

Started by Old Gobbler, January 19, 2014, 08:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Took some buddies out duck hunting , and had a good old time , we shot a canvasback -- and my buddy sent back a image of the paella ( Cuban seafood ) dish he made up with it --I 'm hungry now lol

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Deputy 14

Looks like a good time. I'm gonna have to try waterfowling one of these days.

uarobert

Quote from: Deputy 14 on January 19, 2014, 08:42:07 PM
Looks like a good time. I'm gonna have to try waterfowling one of these days.

Don't try it. Your wallet and time will thank you. However, if you get ducks and clean/cook them right, your taste buds will love you forever.

Eric Gregg

Man that food looked great! What didn't it have in it!!!!!!!

Gold Spur

Shannon, that looks like some fine eating right there! :drool:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Beard Collecter

That is amazing. I want to learn how to make a seafood dish out of "DUCK"!!!!! :z-dizzy: Looks like a good time was had. Congrats!!

tomstopper

Very nice. Cant wait for lunch now... :drool:

reflexl

Looks great! This comming weekend is the end of season. We drew a blind this time that seems to only attract buffleheads, shovelers and hooded maganzers. We always have a ball though. reflex264

ChiefBubba

Nice job Shannon. I recognize that gravel lot! How's your season been? Mines been slow not a lot birds in the open marsh so have been hitting the bread line with mixed success. I've got a MO spring goose hunt and then Turkeys finally. Chief

Rapscallion Vermilion

Nice.   An awesome day all around.  That paella looks fantastic.

JuniorPre 360

Our season just ended on Saturday. Sad to see it go. Good to see you guys had a good season. It was pretty interesting this year with the hundreds of new hunters in the marsh shooting EVERYTHING that moved. And those canvasbacks eat well!

owlhoot

looks like a great time, that food sure looks good.

surehuntsalot

some fine looking food for sure,looks like somebody had some good hunting
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Old Gobbler

Quote from: ChiefBubba on January 20, 2014, 10:09:02 AM
Nice job Shannon. I recognize that gravel lot! How's your season been? Mines been slow not a lot birds in the open marsh so have been hitting the bread line with mixed success. I've got a MO spring goose hunt and then Turkeys finally. Chief
chief , I did very well , but I'm getting worn out - I have to rest up and get ready for spring season

I hunted primarily the stas , plus a secret spot , and shot a abundance of widgeon and pintail , more pintail than previous years - got into a bunch of fulvous , black belly and a wide variety of other ducks

I would normally not talk about spots if this was a waterfowl forum , but nobody is going to see this post -- sta 1 is a total loss this year , they messed with water levels so bad it's just got ring necks and some teal ,( I did shoot a pintail in there on the first Sunday)  the crowd there is horrendous - it's usually at 100- 130 hunters with a average at 120 people trying to get in on 10- 16 permits - I think the increased popularity is due to its the most northern sta and the for the hunters up north it's the best option - around Xmas and New Years the crowds at all the stas was disgusting  - the good news is that they have a warden at 1 is checking all id's right at the gate when you get it so the shenanigans is coming to end

Sta 5 has gone down the drain in the last 4 years the place is way over grown and half the spots you can't even launch through the wall of cat tails -  it just doesn't have the ducks it used to have -perhaps some the Everglades are starting to get cleaned up and functioning better and are drawing the ducks off of 5 and 1 -    Sta 3/4 is da bomb - Nuff said -

The new rule change with declaring your guests on the spot once you get drawn has significantly curtailed the practice of people coming up,from Hialeah with mini vans full of kids etc.... But people at 3/4 are systematically writing down there name several times one guy got caught putting his name down 5 times - they got no class

I've got one more weekend and I have a #5 draw for Tm goodwin wma ' but am not sure if I'm going to go , I'm backed up with turkey calls and have to catch up with orders --- shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon