turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Made a field call....pappy

Started by pappy, January 19, 2014, 05:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Here is a field call for a fella here on the site, he asked about buying a trumpet, but like most guys, never ran one before, so instead of having him to pay the price I made him one in this field grade and I am going to send it to him. I figure if he learns to play one, then he could spend the money for one. This one is made from Maple with a buffalo horn mouthpiece and cork lip stop. I think too many guys buy before they try, and sometimes that gets them in trouble, or they get discouraged with a certain type of call and put it up, what do you all think? pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

outdoors

:icon_thumright:  REAL FINE , I WOOD BE VERY PLEASED IF THIS WHERE ME.   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

culpeper

Jack, I think this is a great gesture and you're right many of us will drop a particular call if it just doesn't suit us at first.  Hope he likes it and is encouraged to continue on.

M Sharpe

Nice gesture Jack!! Nice looking call too!

I put my first one down for 2 years. Picked that joker up and never looked back since. Practice, practice, practice......
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

pappy

yea this is the kind of response I was looking for, too many people get discouraged too fast, but like Mark says practice is the key. I been running my trumpets since 2007 and still can't do all I want to with them. I remember talking to a well known call maker who helped me with my calls he said it took him 4 years to master his. I just want folks to know that just buying a call is the start and the finish line is way off in the distance, before they spend their hard earned monies today.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

owlhoot

dreis3

Looks good pappy, like the simple lines!  :z-winnersmiley:
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

nickhrp

Quote from: pappy on January 19, 2014, 05:33:20 PM
Here is a field call for a fella here on the site, he asked about buying a trumpet, but like most guys, never ran one before, so instead of having him to pay the price I made him one in this field grade and I am going to send it to him. I figure if he learns to play one, then he could spend the money for one. This one is made from Maple with a buffalo horn mouthpiece and cork lip stop. I think too many guys buy before they try, and sometimes that gets them in trouble, or they get discouraged with a certain type of call and put it up, what do you all think? pappy

got the same call from you last spring been practicing ever since hoping to try it in the field this coming season getting where I can yelp consistently all my friends say the yelps I make on sound better than any of my pot calls but more practice needed it definitely takes a high level of commitment to practice to learn one but man they sound sweet

God bless the outdoors

God Bless the Outdoors

SS Calls

TarheelTurk

Very Nice gesture pappy and that call looks great bud!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

troutfisher13111

Your a good man. This kind of gesture is why I will never buy a production call again.

I like the knife too. Hand made?

sbbow

Very nice on your part all the way around.