OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

newbie and a little confused on choke size for SBE I

Started by bob.c.hansen@gmail.com, March 11, 2011, 10:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob.c.hansen@gmail.com

Going turkey hunting for the first time in 2 weeks :happy0064: and I've discovered this wonderful forum!!!  After reading about chokes, I'm a little confused on the recipe of SBE I having a non-standard(?) bore size and choke selection.  I know, I know, nothing is going to be definitive without patterning.  Problem is that I only have 2 weeks to prep so my plan is to buy 2 chokes, pattern them once, and go with the best of the two.

At the moment, I have a box of Hevi-13 1.75oz, 1090fps, #5's and Rem 2oz, #5's.  I may pick up something else after reading more.

So, if you were to purchase 2 chokes for the SBE I, what would they be???

:thanks:

nyhunter

:welcomeOG: try a search on the SBE and see what others are useing, that would be a quick way to see whats workin for others.  Indian creek, pure gold, jelly head, final strut, rhino, are just a few that seem to work well with the SBE I, I have a SBEII and  I use a Indian creek

bob.c.hansen@gmail.com

Quote from: nyhunter on March 11, 2011, 11:24:05 AM
:welcomeOG: try a search on the SBE and see what others are useing, that would be a quick way to see whats workin for others.

Been there, done that.  I see many votes for Puregold, Jelly, Rhino, IC, and Kicks ranging from .650 up to .670.  I'm sure they are all good, but I'm trying to figure out 2 to buy-and-try.  At the moment, I'm leaning to 1) Jelly or Rhino in .660 and 2) IC .665.

Do these shoot Hevi-13 better than the Hevi choke itself?

VAHUNTER

Contact Progunner by PM (aka) Bill here on OG. he will be able to tell you the best constriction to use in the SBE . Bill makes Pure Gold chokes
you will have 30days to see if you are happy with your purchase. Pure Gold is one of the best. i'm sure you will be more than happy with the results. if not Bill will work with you until you are or give you a full refund

i would also pick up a box of Hevi13 in the 2oz loads in 6's or Magnum Blend
Good things come to those who wait

nyhunter

Those are both excellent choices, IMO i'd go with the jelly hed and Indian Creek, Call  I.C and talk directly to Stewart he will be a huge help, and you can  "trade-swap" chokes till you get the choke that shoots best in your gun.

nyhunter

With limited time on your hands what can you find locally? And I totally agree with VAHUNTER on the pure gold and H-13 #6 or magblend

2much2loud

for the price you cant go wrong with a primos jelly head....i have shot that choke in both the sbe 1 and sbe2 great results with hevi 13 #6 and #7 good luck ...