turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knoxx Shotgun Stock

Started by HOGGHEAD, March 11, 2011, 06:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGGHEAD

I am going to buy one of the Knoxx stocks for my Winchester 1300 shotgun. I have talked to a few guys who have them and they really like them.

I am just trying to decide which one to buy.  The one with the adjustable butt pad like the sliding AR stock.  Or the other one that is a fixed length and more like a TH style stock.  Even though it still has a pistol grip. 
Anyone have any opinions on which one they like better for turkey hunting??  I was thinking the one that was not adjustable would be a little more sturdy??  Would that be a correct assumption??  Thanks, Tom.

Mossy517

I think the adjustable one would be a more wise decision, I dont thiink yoou have to worry about them being "sturdy", the products made by blackhawk were designed to save and protect lives.

Now thinking about the adjustability, we don't shoot at turkeys while we are standing to often. When curled up next to a big ol' hadwood our length of pull changes, sometimes being able to  shorten that butt up some makes it much more comfortable to shoot from that postion.

Hope that helps with your decision, and from what I hear the Knoxx makes a world of differeance in recoil.

Good luck!
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

bowhunter84

i would get the adjustable one if it was me.

gophert

I have the adjustable Recoil Reducing Knoxx Specops on my 870.  It is very sturdy.  In fact, it's pretty hard to adjust.  I would by with no worries.

Wolfpack

Go with the adjustable stock and recoil suppression.
You will never look back.
Dewey

BigHooks

chatterbox

Quote from: Wolfpack on March 11, 2011, 07:27:03 PM
Go with the adjustable stock and recoil suppression.
You will never look back.
Dewey
Yup. What he said.

HOGGHEAD

Thanks guys.   I think you made up my mind for me.  Tom.