turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

4 Wheeler for Adoption

Started by longbeard11, January 09, 2014, 12:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbeard11

Well guys its getting close to time for us all to get all amped back up for the spring and start strutting around like the old gobblers that we all love to chase around.   I have had one crazy year, getting married, buying a house, working like crazy, filming, traveling, ministering, just been very hectic and busy for me!!  But now is time to get back active here on the Oldgobbler board and start talking some turkey!! But before we do that I would like to reach out to all my turkey brothers on here with a great oportunity!

As some of you may know already, my wife Kayla and I have just recently found out that we would be unable to have biological children of our own.   While this was a very hard pill for us to swallow and had us very depressed for some time, we did all we knew to do, turn to Jesus for help and guidance on our journey.  After much tears and much prayer, we feel strongly the Lord is leading us down the path of adoption.  We have a stong calling in our life to be parents and there are alot of children out there needing loving homes with loving parents.  We know that the Lord has a very special child out there that is made specifically for us and we can't wait to meet him or her.

With the help of GGG Outdoors, World Wide Witness Ministries, and Cabelas we are going to be putting on a 4wheeler raffle to help us try and raise as much funds as we can to see our adoption dream become a reality.  Most may know that adoption isn't cheap by any means and can be alot of emotional wear and tear on your body and mind, just like a regular pregnancy.  We will be drawing a winner for this 4wheeler in April just in time for Spring gobbler season.  Tickets will be going on sale today and all the proceeds from this raffle will go straight towards our adoption fund! We are praying that through this we will be able to fully fund our adoption and bring our baby home soon.   We are very thankful for all the support we have got so far from our friends and family and are thankful for all that will be helping us with this along the way as well. 

We will also have a booth at the Charleston Hunting & Fishing show where we will have the 4wheeler for everyone to check out and will be selling tickets there as well.  We hope that you all will let the Lord lead you and prayerfully consider helping us make our family dream a reality through this raffle.  Thank you all for taking the time out to read this and if you are interested in buying some tickets to help us out just get in touch with me, all my contact info is on the poster below. 

God Bless,
Zach Lucas

Deputy 14

I'll make sure I stop and and see you at the hunting and fishing show brother.

longbeard11

Sounds great!!! I look forward to meeting you!! thanks alot!!

VA_Birdhunter

Zach...U know I support you brother!!! The Lord will lead and guide you and knows the desire of your heart!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

longbeard11

Thanks alot buddy!!! I appreciate u!!! Really looking forward to spending our time out in the woods with us and God and some loud mouth gobblers!

Turkeyman11

Good luck longbeard11.  Obviously you and your wife are selfless fantastic people.  Everything will work out for you I'm sure.  My wife and I adopted a little boy four years ago-he's 7 now.  We also have legal guardianship of a 5 year old little girl while her mom tries to get it together.  Who knows we may end up with her also.  It melts my heart when I hear stories like yours.  Kids need a family and any child you find will be very blessed!  Good luck to you both and god bless!  I'll be calling you to help out.

longbeard11

Thank u so much Turkeyman!!! I am overwhelmed not only by the response and support we have recieved already and also the amount of people that have replied saying that they have adopted as well! Pretty cool to hear all the stories and learn where people have come from and gone through.

I look forward to your call and to talking with u!! Thanks again, and God bless!!!

GobbleNut

Wishing you the best Zach.  ....However, having dealt with things like this before, you should check to make sure you can legally do this,...if you haven't already.  There are some very strict rules about raffles and especially interstate sales for things like this.  I would hate to see you get in trouble over it.  ...Just a friendly word of advise....
Regardless, good luck with it.

lonnie sneed jr.

I will be sure and look you up. I will be there Sat. working a booth for the WV Bowhunters.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

longbeard11

GobbleNut, thanks for the advise. We have already filed all of our paperwork with the state and we have our license to do the raffle. Thanks for looking out for us.

Lonnie, I look forward to meeting u there at the show. Sounds great!

VA_Birdhunter

I'm going to bump this up for you brother!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Tail Feathers

Good luck with the adoption process!
My adopted child turns 16 next week.
They are a blessing no matter what method God chooses to bring them to you. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

longbeard11

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys. The Lords plans aren't always our plans, and we don't always understand it, but we know he has an annointed blessing in store for us and we are excited about it!!!

longbeard11

longbeard11

Still selling tickets to give away this beautiful 4wheeler guys.  Get in on this and help us out, and possibly win a great new ride.