OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey calls made in South Carolina?

Started by SC_HUNTER, January 07, 2014, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC_HUNTER

Hey y'all. I am trying to make a list of folks who are building calls in South Carolina. I like to support local small businesses here in-state. I'd appreciate any other names y'all could give.
I know of only a few (including Bud & Betty's and Big Lake Calls). Thanks!
:turkey2:

davisd9

Spring Allure Custom Calls
MKW Trumpets
Charles Hudson Trumpets
Steve Mann
Darrin Dawkins
Legacy Game Calls
Wendell Lancaster
Tony Reynolds

There are many more but those are the ones I can come up with off the top of my head.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SC_HUNTER

Thanks man, I appreciate the names. I had a few of them, but a couple are new to me.

ky turkey hunter

Rapscallion Vermilion

John Dangerfield II

from Orangeburg, makes trumpets and pot calls

ccleroy

Quote from: Rapscallion Vermilion on January 07, 2014, 09:25:51 PM
John Dangerfield II

from Orangeburg, makes trumpets and pot calls

Great friend of mine, very talented callmaker......builds one of the best trumpets there is.

REBELYELL

David Loftis, his Crystal Screamer is awesome.

jbird

davisd9

Quote from: ky turkey hunter on January 07, 2014, 07:33:36 PM
II think Mr Whitt is from SC

Yes, Irving Whitt is from SC.  I knew there was another box call guy over near Greenwood but could not think of his name for the life of me.  Thanks!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

scoot12

Totally agree with RebelYell,  David Loftis corian crystal screamer has the most unique sound to it of all the pot calls I own,  and I own a few.  Also can't go wrong with Darrin Dawkins walnut aluminum call or Ricky Padgetts copper calls are great.  Rickys calls are not only awesome sounding but they are beautiful pieces of work.  Scoot