OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Preparing for brutal cold and snow...again

Started by allaboutshooting, January 04, 2014, 06:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Temperatures here are expected to reach 20 year lows, maybe 10 below, and 8" of snow. This already has been our toughest winter in many years, more snow that I remember and now record low temperatures on top of that.

Doris was out earlier and food is pretty much depleted on grocery shelves. This weather is supposed to last for a while.

I know it's bad pretty much all over, so stay warm, dry and well fed.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

WildSpur

Pretty crazy here too in western pa.  Hopefully no utilities fail or we can be in some big trouble.

It's bad for our birds too.  It's supposed to warm up an rain tomorrow so that will just ice over whatever food is left.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

FL-Boss

jakesdad

Calling for -35 windchill here next couple days.High Monday..............-4 :o

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Tail Feathers

You guys looking at this weather hunker down and stay on OG some.  Too danged cold to do anything else.
Be careful.  :icon_thumright:

Gonna be cold here too (for us) but not nearly what you're facing.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

o2stk1

:turkey2:i keep thinking its cold here in southern Missouri until I see the news up north man yall are some tough dudes to stand that stuff

Cutt

Quote from: o2stk1 on January 04, 2014, 11:16:26 PM
:turkey2:i keep thinking its cold here in southern Missouri until I see the news up north man yall are some tough dudes to stand that stuff

The worst is having to work in it, just glad I work inside now. So my heart goes out to those who actually have to work outside. I spent 4 years in Philly, working midnights as an Aviation Mechanic outside, down right brutal at times.

Spring Creek Calls

The Saturday night portion of the storm in SW Michigan.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

allaboutshooting

We started with rain last night. It's been below freezing all morning and now the sleet has really started coming down pretty furiously covering everything in sight. It won't take long at this rate to be a major problem.

Thanks,
Clark

Spring Creek Calls

I would prefer to deal with the snow. Just spent 2.5 days without power from the last ice storm.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

CrustyRusty

-16 here the other nite.  Wanted to go after coyote but it's too darn cold. Wish it was spring!!!

VA_Birdhunter

1-3 Inches of snow tonight and tomorrow....then -10 deg. Monday night here in WV.  -4 was the coldest I'd been in before but it seems my record will fall.   Oh how I long for spring!!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

allaboutshooting

It just dropped another 18 degrees here over the last few minutes and the snow is really flying now. If this kind of drop continues, it will be even colder than they are predicting. It never used to get this cold here. We're looking at record breaking low temps for several days.

Please stay safe, warm and well fed.

Thanks,
Clark

Drthorn

weather has my part of ky hitting -2 tomorrow morning...that's not wind chill with winds around 20....

Muskie03

Our forecast in MN for tonight.....Near record lows?? Windchill at -60? It happens.

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.