turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A Memorable Mississippi Hunt

Started by culpeper, January 03, 2014, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

It's been a while, but glad to be back building and posting, deer hunting and life sort distracted me for a bit.  This call is figured Walnut over Yellow Poplar with Red Oak Burl for end blocks and Purpleheart for accents.  It was built for a life long turkey hunter in Mississippi who tells a great story about the hunt of a life time for wise 4 yr old gobbler, The Crossroads Gobbler.  I am certain he didn't need the images to remind him of this hunt, for his story is stuffed with vivid details, but nonetheless, he'll have this call to pass on for generations and to remind them what a great turkey hunter Grandpa was.  The image of the bird over the log was from a picture he sent to me, his call, An East of the Slash Stribling Turpin was positioned right on top of the bird so I burned it that way.

dreis3

D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

Hooksnhorns

Absolutely a beautiful work of art. 
Don't Tread On Me

culpeper

Curious question, all of my pictures are chopped off on my screen and they have been for about a year now, I resize my pic's down to 5" and also compress them so loading is fine, but for some reason I can only see about 3/4 of each pic.  Does anyone else have this issue?

M,Yingling

Sweet lookin caller Glad to see u back posting  :icon_thumright:,,,,,,

as for the pic maybe still to big ,,I know one thing I don't mess with photobucket no more  that site got to be a hassle 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Austy

Beautiful as always, wouldn't expect anything less.  As for the picture I have always had that problem but I am able to view the entire picture if I scroll down to the bottom of the pictures and move the slide bar at the bottom of the photos to the right so that it is now actually centered on the screen.  If it wasn't for all those advertisements to the left of your screen it would already be centered, lol.  Hope this helps out.

TRKYHTR

That is awesome Scott. Love the log gobbler.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

RatherBeHunting

Devastator

Quote from: culpeper on January 03, 2014, 03:58:32 PM
Curious question, all of my pictures are chopped off on my screen and they have been for about a year now, I resize my pic's down to 5" and also compress them so loading is fine, but for some reason I can only see about 3/4 of each pic.  Does anyone else have this issue?
Hold down on the control key in bottom left corner of the keyboard while running the center control wheel on your mouse up and down,hope that helps!

M Sharpe

Scott, if you look just under the pics, you can slide the pics over while holding down the mouse.

Great job on those my friend. Look forward to seeing more of your work in Nash-Vegas this year!!
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

culpeper

Quote from: timb on January 03, 2014, 11:06:14 PM
Hold down on the control key in bottom left corner of the keyboard while running the center control wheel on your mouse up and down,hope that helps!

Hey Mr. that works...now all of the text is real small, but I can see the whole pic's...still wonder if it's me in sizing the pic's or setting on the website?

Cut*N*Run

Gawhitaker

Awesome call, some fantastic work for sure

Rapscallion Vermilion

The turkey over the log image is beautiful work.

When you resize, work with pixels instead of inches, if you can.  720 is about max for the width without having to use the slider, yours are 900. 

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens