OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gun Sights

Started by Cutt, December 30, 2013, 01:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of gun sights do you like for turkey hunting?

Factory Beads
Open Adjustable Sights
Regular Scope
Red/Green Dot Scopes
Reflex Sights (Burris etc.)
Other

Tom Dooley

I have used beads, open rifle style sights, scope, and now a Bushnell tube red dot. I like the red dot by far the best. Thinking about getting a mini red dot this year.

the Ward

I like a good red dot sight.Currently running a bushnell trs 25 and it's great.Would like to try the  leupold prismatic sight,or maybe the burris ff3.I am hoping burris comes out with a green dot version of the ff2/3 and I would be all over it!But I have 0 complaints about the trs 25, so far it's held up well and think it's a good sight for the price.

jblackburn

I put a set of Williams fire sights on my 870 and really like them.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Ruger M77

I had a scope on my 870 but after getting smacked in the head and ending up with a goose egg a few times I last year I switched to truglo adjustable sights love em so far
I eat therefore I hunt

chatterbox

Burris FFIII. Finest turkey sight made, IMHO.
Light weight, waterproof, and tough as a tank.

tapiot

Quote from: alloutdoors on December 30, 2013, 05:44:53 PM
Hunted for years with just a bead, then a few years ago I put on a red dot scope and found it really useful. Then I set up a new gun last summer and put a FastFire 3 on it. After hunting with it this fall it is definitely the style I like best.

Like it that well? Wife getting picky about all my firearm related purchasing lately...
But, Remington 887 not drilled....is it worth it?

Tim T.
:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Tim T.

alloutdoors

Quote from: tapiot on December 31, 2013, 11:53:04 PM
Quote from: alloutdoors on December 30, 2013, 05:44:53 PM
Hunted for years with just a bead, then a few years ago I put on a red dot scope and found it really useful. Then I set up a new gun last summer and put a FastFire 3 on it. After hunting with it this fall it is definitely the style I like best.

Like it that well? Wife getting picky about all my firearm related purchasing lately...
But, Remington 887 not drilled....is it worth it?

Tim T.

I put mine on an M2 which I had to get drilled. For me it was absolutely worth it. I love the low profile and weight, and it's pretty much bomb proof.

ElkTurkMan

Tru-GLO Gobble Stopper RED DOT FOR ME.  Put one on the 870 back before the spring 2010 season, and haven't looked back since. 

busta biggun

Quote from: tapiot on December 30, 2013, 05:23:49 PM
Just my opinion but my EOTECH is just fine on my AR-15 but I'm not so sure I would need one for the range of my shotgun...

Depends on how tight your choke is. I have an extremely tight choke and at 15 yards the pattern is extremely small. I need the optics to keep me focused on shooting it like a rifle. I liked the standard red dots, but broke 3 of them due to recoil. I ended up stranded on a hunt in the middle of nowhere and had to borrow a gun. I ended up getting an Eotech and LOVE it. It is built like a tank, stays true, year after year, and has no shiny red coating on the "game side" of the optics.

dawgfrombama

I guess I'm old school.  I like the adjustable rifle sights.  Thats what I have on both my guns.

stinkpickle

I've been using Williams Slugger sights (both with and without fiber optics) for the last 20 years or so, and they work just fine.  I would like to have a nice red dot setup, but that's just something else for me to accidentally smash against a tree.

redarrow

.Too many eye surgeries for anything less that a 4x scope.

surehuntsalot

Truglo fiber optic sights
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tapiot

I'm going to go with the bead sights to start...have a Remington 887...heard some disparaging words about it today. Tomorrow I am going to pattern it. If the gun shoots a bit off to one side or the elevation is off, then what?

Tim T.
Tim T.

longspur

I use rifle sights. Had a scope which was fine but only one shotgun for all hunting and I got tired of mounting it every spring. It would be difficult without my multi-focal contacts.