Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 12/27/2013 "Things have changed!!"

Started by BOFF, December 27, 2013, 11:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

In reading from Daniel, chapters 1-4 this morning, we learn of Daniel's interpretation and telling of king Nebuchadnezzar's dream. With doing so, he was promoted to the ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief administrator over all the wise men of Babylon.

48 Then the king promoted Daniel and gave him many great gifts; and he made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief administrator over all the wise men of Babylon. (Daniel 2:48).

We read of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego being placed over the affairs of the province of Babylon

49 Also Daniel petitioned the king, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego over the affairs of the province of Babylon; but Daniel sat in the gate of the king. (Daniel 2:49).

Later though, we read of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego being thrown into the fiery furnace due to not bowing down before the golden image king Nebuchadnezzar had made.

18 But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up." (Daniel 3:18 ).

My how quickly things may change, or do they? Let one read further, and we see things did not change, as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego were unscathed from the fiery furnace which was 7 times hotter than normal, and so hot it killed the men who transported them. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego remained faithful to the Lord, and the Lord honored their faithfulness, not allowing any part of their bodies to be harmed, not even a hair upon their heads was singed.

27 And the satraps, administrators, governors, and the king's counselors gathered together, and they saw these men on whose bodies the fire had no power; the hair of their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them. (Daniel 4:27).

Nebuchadnezzar made a decree which in today's society has completely gone away, a decree which is exactly opposite for Christians in today's world:

29 Therefore I make a decree that any people, nation, or language which speaks anything amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made an ash heap; because there is no other God who can deliver like this." (Daniel 3:29)

Wow!! How things have changed!! Or have they?

Let us not look to society, or government, but to ourselves. Has our own commitment to the Lord changed? Would we be as bold and faithful as Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego? Would our society be in the shape it is today, if we, as followers of Christ, myself included, had remained faithful and steadfast in the Lord?

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ hasn't changed, as He is always constant. So, if He hasn't changed, then we, must have.

Father God,
Than You for allowing me to see the error in my ways. To see where my Faith wavers at times. Help us to remain constant, and grounded in You. Let Your Words be feed unto our hearts on a daily basis, and may those Words be spoken to all we meet. Let our actions be bold, and constant like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego.

Forgive us Father where we fail You. May we have other opportunities to be strong for You, and may we complete the task at hand, for Your glory, and Yours alone.

For it is in the name of Jesus, we ask, and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

pappy

Forgive us Father where we fail You. May we have other opportunities to be strong for You, and may we complete the task at hand, for Your glory, and Yours alone.
Absolutely wonderful message David. Surely one for the times.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206