OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Moss 935 stock options

Started by Plagioclase, December 24, 2013, 03:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plagioclase

I bought a Mossberg 935 about 18 months ago.  I bought it w/o first shouldering it because I've shot Mossbergs for years and they've always fit me perfect - 500's, 835's, 9200's, all of them.  The 935 has a bit less drop at the heel than any of my previous Mossbergs.  I like the gun and it patterns great with Hevi 6's with a plain ol Carlson choke tube.

I'm looking at options for the stock to get a bit more drop at the heel - not much but 1/8"-1/4" would make it perfect.  Mossberg makes a shim kit for the Duck Commander 935 and will discuss the issue with them when they re-open on Thursday.  Kinda thinking it won't work because of the threaded rod running through the stock and into a slotted "washer".  Doesn't appear to be any way to adjust it.

Also thinking maybe adding a rear sight may solve the issue.

Thanks.

Any ideas to get a bit more drop at the heel in this gun?

outdoors

IF YA DON'T THINK THE SHIMS WILL WORK , MAYBE U CAN SAND,THE STOCK DOWN SOME ?
Just a thought ....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Plagioclase

Looked at that but the way the stock attaches to the receiver, it likely won't work to well. 

Thanks.

Plagioclase

FYI.  Called Mossyberg this AM.  The shim kit for the 930/935 series is interchangeable and is $25.  Got one headed my way. I'll report how it works. 

Thanks.