OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

VA Grouse (Video)

Started by VA_Birdhunter, December 24, 2013, 06:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

I'm a die hard grouse hunter!  Gave deer hunting up many years ago and stuck with my two passions Grouse with my setters & Turkey hunting.  I also think there is not another bird out there that is as beautiful as grouse or strutting turkey!  Back in 2007 we had a grouse on my in-laws farm that would come right up to you and let you feed it corn.  All you would have to do is shack the bucket of corn and here he would come.  Unfortunately I don't think he made it much longer after this video and was only seen a few more times.  If you look close you will see his tail feathers are missing in this video....also if you listen close you can here him making really low calls almost like a purr.  Though I would share....I was up early and come across this video which I haven't seen in quite a while myself.  Merry Christmas

God Bless

http://s41.photobucket.com/user/WR_Setters/media/P1040716.mp4.html

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Hognutz

That is way to neat.. I love videos like hat. Thanks for sharing..

Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

va wingbone

That's awesome! We bear hunt in hot springs VA and at a buddy's club house they had one that was really tame. They're beautiful birds!

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"