OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Spur Necklace

Started by perrysbirds, December 19, 2013, 01:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perrysbirds

Hi Everyone....
I have enough spurs to make a necklace...
I have some beads also that Im going to putting between the spurs...
My question to you is what do you use for an actual chain or whatever to put through the spurs...
I don't want it to break while Im out in the woods hunting as I plan on wearing it around my neck...
Anyone have any ideas or pictures they wanna share?
Thanks Perry
If I aint out shooting deer
Im home drinking beer

M Sharpe

If I were going to be wearing it in the woods, I'd get a piece of that small para-cord to string them up on. Why would you wear it in the woods though?? Is it going to be like a good luck charm or something.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

guesswho

Wasn't to lucky for the birds they came off of.  :)

I too would use the para-cord.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

captpete

I used a leather shoe lace. I don't wear mine...just hang it with the beards & fans.

socalturkeyman

I wear mine but if I were you I wouldn't hang the beards on it. And para cord is the way to go.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

troutfisher13111

If you need a piece of paracord, pm me. I have black, tan, and OD green.

vaturkey

I use leather !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

redarrow

The bottom one is a bear claw necklace.I've added a few more spurs since I took the photo.

OldMarine

Mine are too hard to come by to wear them in the woods,but if I were I'd use para cord ,leather or boot laces.
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

bowmike

WOW I am impressed with some of those necklaces. Mine has 2 spurs on it and they are 3/4" long. LOL Better get on the ball.

ccleroy

Woods-n-water

Here's how I display some of my spurs and beards
I'm all about getting closer to critters.
Mossy Oak Pro Staff.
Member of the Tenth legion
I gobble every time I hear an owl hoot

wernerjd

Here is a picture of my necklace I made from the birds I shot in 2013. I used hemp rope but leather would be better. it hangs symmetrical, my wife took the picture goofy.

stringtown

what's the easiest way to prepare the spurs?  i had a bunch once sorta strung out w/ beards taped in between but a dog tore it all up.  regardless, it was sort of a mess for me doing the spurs and figured there had to be a better way.  i have a bunch of beards and spurs lying in a pile now so wouldn't mind doing something w/ em.

thanks

captpete