OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Passing of the Torch - Burris Optics

Started by BurrisOptics, December 16, 2013, 05:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurrisOptics

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that there will a new factory rep handling Old Gobbler this season.  I've been moved into a new position that won't allow me to spend much time here.  If you haven't noticed, I really haven't been able to log on much.  I don't know who it will be just yet but they are all good people so it won't make much difference.   

It's been an awesome time talking with all of you over the last 3 years.  I will chime in from time to time using a different login but please feel free to contact the Burris Optics username for any questions. 

chatterbox

Quote from: BurrisOptics on December 16, 2013, 05:17:17 PM
I just wanted to give you guys a heads up that there will a new factory rep handling Old Gobbler this season.  I've been moved into a new position that won't allow me to spend much time here.  If you haven't noticed, I really haven't been able to log on much.  I don't know who it will be just yet but they are all good people so it won't make much difference.   

It's been an awesome time talking with all of you over the last 3 years.  I will chime in from time to time using a different login but please feel free to contact the Burris Optics username for any questions.
I know that I speak for all of us on here Mart when I say thank you for all you have done for everyone here on OG. You always went above and beyond when anyone needed help, and were right there all the time to always answer any questions anyone had, and help whenever you were asked.
More than any of this, I am honored to call you my friend.
Best of luck with your new position bud!

outdoors

IT'S BEEN ALL GOOD MART , U TAKE CARE.  :thanks:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

the Ward

Thanks for all the help you've given us over the years!Whoever replaces you will have some mighty big shoes to fill.Please make sure to give us a holler from time to time to let us know how your doing.Thanks again Sir, and good luck in your new position!   

BurrisOptics

paboxcall

When it comes to turkey guns, I like to keep things pretty simple regarding sights.  But I wanted a highest quality red dot on the new Mini-14 I bought, and there was no question what was going on top - all because of Burris' presence here and detailed help/guidance given on this site.  That made my investment easy.  You make quality products and obviously top notch customer service.  Thanks for your help.

:z-winnersmiley:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

BOFF

Thanks for your support!!

Is there a winner yet for the photo/video contest?

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,19264.0.html

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Still waiting, even after 2 years.  :popcorn:

God Bless,
David B.

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

hookedspur

Quote from: BOFF on February 04, 2014, 10:48:06 PM

God Bless,
David B.
Maybe we could vote on the pictures before he leaves ?
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Quote from: hookedspur on February 06, 2014, 07:37:59 PM

God Bless,
David B.
Maybe we could vote on the pictures before he leaves ?

I was hoping videos would be extra points, as suggested.

Quote from: BurrisOptics on February 28, 2012, 09:56:34 AM
Just a reminder to you guys to take pictures and video of your hunts every chance you get.  Last year we gave away a FastFire II for the best turkey picture with a Burris product.  This year we'll most likely do the same thing as well as the best video of a turkey kill using a Burris product.  I'm thinking an extra bonus point if you get video of your kids tagging out with a Burris optic.  We'll see how this shakes out at the end of the season.  Good luck this year!

:blob10:

God Bless,
David B.

hookedspur

I won one of the bingo games with the FF3 as the prize ,,,MAN what a sight
be nice if that was the prize for the picture contest.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

knightrider

God Bless,
David B.
yeah I love the way you've gotten such a quick response from him over the last two years, if I had one I would give it to you for your awesome patience!!!!!

BOFF

Quote from: knightrider on February 06, 2014, 07:53:35 PM

God Bless,
David B.
yeah I love the way you've gotten such a quick response from him over the last two years, if I had one I would give it to you for your awesome patience!!!!!

Still wondering, and hoping!!  We have the requirements:

1) a young person
2) burris FF II optics
3) kill of her first gobbler
4) pictures of kill
5) bonus needed/required- video of the kill with Burris optics!!

:blob10: :toothy9: :toothy12:  :z-guntootsmiley: :funnyturkey:

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF