OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fall Turkey

Started by TRKYHTR, December 07, 2013, 09:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

I finally got lucky today and found some turkeys. Had a friend of mine, Josh, invite me up to hunt. He told me where they usually roost and off I went dark 30. Sure enough light came and there were no turkey sounds within hearing. I moved a few times calling occasionally and around 9:00 am I moved back toward my truck. I set up in a field since it had rained all night. I finally decided to call it quits and when I got up I spotted a turkey about 300 yards away. I sat back down and called a little with no response. I stood up and checked with my binoculars again and they were still in the same area, so I took the fight to them. I dropped into a 12' high ditch that went straight to them. I got to where I thought they were and then had to climb out of the ditch. Did I say it had rained all night. I had mud everywhere. Finally made it to the top and peaked up and they were to mu left about 50 yards. I hunkered down and waited for them to feed out in front. I spotted a couple straight out and was getting ready to choose one when I looked to my left and there was a mess of them standing there looking at me. There was no way to shoot at them without killing a dozen with one shot so I looked back to the first group and they were getting nervous. A couple started running and the others got nervous. I finally spotted one by himself and I put the crosshairs on him and pulled the trigger. Turkeys went everywhere. After I checked the turkey I headed in the general direction and then sat down and waited for the turkey calling to begin. It didn't take long before they were carrying on like crazy. I had to pull out my phone and get a little video. It was a good day.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

VA_Birdhunter

Awesome!!  Some nice calling to!!   :icon_thumright:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

RutnNStrutn

Congrats on your bird Joe! :icon_thumright: Looks like beautiful country you were hunting!

beagler

Never Misses

owlhoot

nice scenery,great pics and video :icon_thumright: :thanks:

vaturkey

Congrats Joe ! Well Done & some fine calling !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

renegade19

allaboutshooting

Congratulations Joe. Persistence pays.

Thanks,