turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tiger Maple and Cocobola Trough Call

Started by shadetree callers, December 01, 2013, 02:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadetree callers

Here is another trough call I just completed from some beautiful tiger maple from New York and some really sweet cocobola . The surface is slate and the striker is dymondwood with a flared tip . This call has all the sounds I am looking for in a turkey call and will hopefully lead to the demise of some big gobblers next spring. Thanks for looking !
Bob

Austy

That sure is some beautiful grain in both of those woods that you picked for that call.  Beautiful and I'm sure it sounds as good if not better than it looks.

ky turkey hunter

Gawhitaker

That is Gorgeous, excellent conbination of woods.

M,Yingling

That's some sweet lookin wood ,,, nice work  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

merocustomcalls

ferocious calls

bbcustomboxcalls

owlhoot

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

West Augusta

That is some special tiger maple you have there Bob. You made a beautiful call with it.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chatterbox

I have never seen a call like that. At the risk of sounding like a total buffoon, how do you play them?
Is it the same technique for a pot call?
BTW, that is a stunning caller!

shadetree callers

Thanks for all the kind words . Trough calls play like a potcall but are often too narrow to get the striker to break over when yelping. This trough allows you to run circles with the striker and you can get those sweet yelps that break over hard and make your ear drums flutter. They create very realistic purrs, cutts and clucks also . The unique thing about the trough is that bith ends are ooen which gives the call a stereo sound and when used in the field, the sounds really come out as natural.