turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

to camo or not to camo

Started by va wingbone, November 30, 2013, 07:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

va wingbone

I know this all comes down to personal preference. I have a Remington 1187 so all black, I have a matt oil finished stock and forearm for it. I'm on the fence about weather to have it dipped in obsession or original bottomland, or putting the wood on it and leaving the metal matt black? Opinions?
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Spurs

Bottomland looks cool, but I prefer to have a little more broken up pattern with a gun.  Your gun probably moves more than you do so it needs to have more shadows and "3D" look to it.  I would look at tree stand or natgear.
This year is going to suck!!!

va wingbone

Yea, i really wish someone was dipping in the old advantage classic camo :/

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk

"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

beagler

Never Misses

budtripp

Quote from: va wingbone on November 30, 2013, 11:09:07 AM

I think I've seen someone's website who did dip advantage...maybe it was Jim Crumely??? Anyhow speaking of advantage camo I just scored an 870 super mag in that pattern last week  :z-guntootsmiley:

va wingbone

Quote from: budtripp on November 30, 2013, 08:51:26 PM

I think I've seen someone's website who did dip advantage...maybe it was Jim Crumely??? Anyhow speaking of advantage camo I just scored an 870 super mag in that pattern last week  :z-guntootsmiley:
I'm gonna check Jim's website!!!! If you find out who does have it let me know please!!!

ccleroy

Check with Capt. Tom, he has a ton of patterns and does a superb job.

www.tntcustomcamo.com

Usahuntingear

Ah yes, over the years, that was our favorite camo to work with was the Advantage Timber!!
One day at a time.