turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ground Blind Suggestions

Started by seb5315, November 22, 2013, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seb5315

Looking for reviews on ground blinds.  Would like to take a gobbler with my bow and figure I'm going to need a ground blind to do it.  Blind would be used mainly for bowhunting turkeys/deer and has to be large enough for two people.  Something that can be set up quickly would be a bonus.

Thanks for the suggestions!

fallhnt

I've hunted 2 people in a Double Bull,and it can be a pain at times.I think Barnett makes different size blinds but if you get bigger it will be a pain to carry...blind,decoys,bow,chair,camera,food,drink,etc.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

jblackburn

My buddy has a double bull dark horse and I really like it.  We have hunted with three in it ( a pain, but makes you appreciate when there are only two!

My advice is to really pay attention to how the windows open.  I have a baronnett blind that is roomy but I hate that the windows zip down so it is hard to limit the amount of light coming in the blind and have a good hole to shoot through.  the dark horse has more adjustment in that respect.

I use bullhead broad heads and like my shots within 15 yards, so having a little light coming into the blind makes it easier to draw without being spotted.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

dan61psu

I just got the Primos CLUB XL and really like it.  Huge.  I am almost 5' 10" and can fully stand in the middle.  Quiet, easy setup/take down.

good material and i think itll last me a while.

i plan on hunting from it for the first time on Friday!
It's no fun living so far from good turkey woods!

dan61psu

used it for first time in the field, and two of the 'bungee' straps that allow you to close up the fabric 'quietly' versus using a zipper ripped out or almost out.  it was damn cold, but still, the fabric or the bungees werent elastic enough and im pretty upset about it since it was the firts time in the field.  GOing to contact primo's about it and see if they will ship a replacement.
It's no fun living so far from good turkey woods!