OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Burris FF3 Question

Started by Xcal1ber, November 11, 2013, 10:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xcal1ber

I have a Burris FF3 on my Stoeger M3500, which I use to slay turkeys. I have been wanting to do some small critter slaying with it (squirrels, rabbits, doves, crows..ect), but I don't want to use my Burris for that. So my question is. Can I take my Burris off of my shot gun, and then put it on before turkey season, and it have the same zero as it did before I took it off? I don't see why not, but I'll ask here first. Thanks guys!
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

gobblergls

Even if you leave the mount in place, you will have to do some re-zeroing.  Before taking it off, see where a cheap load patterns on a target paper, take a photo of it and save it.  When you put the FF back on, use the photo to see how much, if any, you need to re-zero.  Zero using the same cheaper load and after you get  a satisfactory result, try a turkey load at the distance you normally zero for.

Xcal1ber

Thank you sir! That's all I needed to know.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

outdoors

I USE QUICH RELEASE ON TWO OF MY RIFLES AND HAD NO PPROBLEM AT ALL .. I THINK YOU SHOULD BE ALRIGHT ....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field