OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

one of those days

Started by VAHUNTER, March 10, 2011, 05:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

i try to shoot everyday. sometimes i shoot several times a day if possible. yeaterday we had pouring rain all day. so today i thought i would spend sometime in front of the target. first thing this morning was great. where ever i settled my pin the arrow was there. from 20 to 60 yds everything felt great and i just could not miss.
went back out this evening and i shot like i had never had a bow in my hand before. everything just fell apart.i know it is not my bow. it was just me doing stupid stuff i guess.   am i the only one this happends to?? hopefully tomorrow will be a better day
Good things come to those who wait

Cooter

I have those days.

Seems I always shoot better in the morning. Maybe its muscle fatigue
-}}}--------->

Fox Fire

Been ther done that, some days I dill holes some days I miss the target(no kidding), almost like you can practice to much.

I try to finish the day on a good shot but I cant always make it happen, but the harder I try the worse I get, my guess its all mental, a wall of sorts.

clarksvalley

everyone has days like that.i agree with the harder you try the worse it gets.sometimes the best thing to do is walk away
and start fresh the next day.

hookedspur

Quote from: clarksvalley on March 12, 2011, 08:07:46 AM
everyone has days like that.i agree with the harder you try the worse it gets.sometimes the best thing to do is walk away
and start fresh the next day.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

CSAW

I try not to shoot too many arrows when I practice.  I go with the quality over quantity approach.

VAHUNTER

Quote from: CSAW on March 14, 2011, 11:12:44 AM
I try not to shoot too many arrows when I practice.  I go with the quality over quantity approach.
great advice  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait