turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Choke Recomendations

Started by hawk, March 10, 2011, 04:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

Just bought a Rem. SPS Sureshot 12ga.,23"barrel. I will get a Jellyhead .660 for sure but would like to add one other choke (for this year). I have to use #6 as 7's are not legal in ME. Iwould like to be able to try the Fed. FC wad.

VAHUNTER

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 10, 2011, 04:17:05 PM
Quote from: hawk on March 10, 2011, 04:14:39 PM
Just bought a Rem. SPS Sureshot 12ga.,23"barrel. I will get a Jellyhead .660 for sure but would like to add one other choke (for this year). I have to use #6 as 7's are not legal in ME. Iwould like to be able to try the Fed. FC wad.

If you wan't another choke, that would shoot the Fed with the FCW well, go with a Pure Gold Tempest.
agreed  :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

BigPeck215

IMO i would try and stay away from the FC wad. I haven't seen any pictures of a federal flite control shell outperforming hevi 13 head to head.

hunter177

I get the best patterns from my 870 with a Jelly Head .665. I also get great patterns from my spare choke, a TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665. I use the Federal Mag-Shok FC 3", 2oz., #6 loads
TriStar Viper G2 12 ga.
26" barrel, black synthetic stock
TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 choke
Winchester DoubleX, 3", 1125 fps., 2 oz. #5 shot

bowhunter84

Quote from: BigPeck215 on March 10, 2011, 05:13:44 PM
IMO i would try and stay away from the FC wad. I haven't seen any pictures of a federal flite control shell outperforming hevi 13 head to head.

i'd shoot the hevi #6's and get a rhino choke tube

archery1

if u are dead set on the federal shells.. well get a ssx choke.. i would recomend shooting the hevi 13 shot number 6 or 7's in 3" or 3 1/2 . i was told about the hevi 13 loads on here and they out preform any shell i shot so far and i have shot 6 different types
Take a kid hunting