Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

pics of 4 pt white buck I just got would you shoot if you could?

Started by scoot12, October 26, 2013, 01:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

He's a cool lil dude!! I'm with the other guys, put a good rack on him and he's going down. For now though, he walks.

davisd9

If I felt like shooting him when he walked out I would do it with no regrets. If I did not then I would not. Pretty deer no matter his rack, but as stated his genes could be bad for the herd.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Hognutz

Scoot..

Are you in a CWD zone? As some may not know, albino deer are protected in Wi. unless in a Chronic Wasting Zone.

He sure is a cute little thing..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

scoot12

yes I am in CWD zone,  I think neighbors might harvest him if they get chance but they haven't seen him yet as far as I know.  Scoot

o2stk1

nope, to young now if he was a big eight or so what a neat mount, he is a little strange looking reminds me of a white goat

Gobble!

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 27, 2013, 09:02:16 PM
Nice pics !!

Would not shoot him.

Show him to me at 4 1/2 years old or so and ask me again.

exactly

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Give him 2 more years and I'd send him to heaven.

Killing young bucks, regardless how unique they are, does nothing for me and takes no skill.

alclark2

I'd take him. Once in a lifetime harvest. If you don't the neighbor will in my neck of the woods. Indiana is brown and down.. I guess that doesn't apply here though. Not much QDM goes on in my state.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: alclark2 on November 01, 2013, 12:08:03 PM
I'd take him. Once in a lifetime harvest. If you don't the neighbor will in my neck of the woods. Indiana is brown and down.. I guess that doesn't apply here though. Not much QDM goes on in my state.

This is the mentality that ruins good hunting in sone areas and prevents it from being achievable in others.

It's quite sad to determine kill eligibility and justification based on the assumed acts of others.  Control yourself and you'll be surprised how many of those bucks you pass will actually make it.

davisd9

NO
Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on November 01, 2013, 07:04:31 PM

This is the mentality that ruins good hunting in sone areas and prevents it from being achievable in others.

It's quite sad to determine kill eligibility and justification based on the assumed acts of others.  Control yourself and you'll be surprised how many of those bucks you pass will actually make it.

This is the mentality that is ruining hunting as a sport. Rather than enjoying it as a recreation it has turned into a trophy competitions in which you belittle others for following the laws. Your personal standard is for you and no one else so do not hold someone else to your standards. To some of us it is about the experience and not the bragging.

I have set standards for myself to increase my experience and I do not need others to help me with my pursuits. They are very achievable if I am willing to do the work to achieve them. I am very happy for anyone that is satisfied with their harvest and find it pretty upsetting when someone says that they killed this buck as a cull just because the buck is younger and those like you have made them feel bad about it. Follow the laws of your hunting area and if you want to up your standard for harvest for you then fine, but do not belittle others because they are in it for meat and experience and not the "my buck has more inches than yours" crap.

You worry about how you hunt and I will worry about how I hunt and enjoy it.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

scoot12

I just wanted you guys opinions on this unique little buck,  my neighbors buddy saw him a couple of nights ago bowhunting so I sent him some pics.  The Wisconsin DNR biologist contacted me and told me he has never heard of a case in the county I am in,  after this morinings hunt I checked this cam and he is hanging around.  Scoot

Songdog2012

I one time trapped an albino skunk, he was snow white, with red eyes and pink feet, very cool looking. I ended up dispatching him, with the full intent of getting him mounted, but to my dismay i just couldnt find a taxidermist in my area that wanted a skunk in their shop! Eventually he freezer burnt, and had to be discarded.

I have regretted my decision to kill him ever since, not because i couldnt get him mounted, but because i felt i destroyed one of natures true oddities. But i was young and at the time all i could think about was that great looking mount all of my buddies would talk about!

This has nothing to do with your situation, i just wanted to let you know that if you do kill it, it would make a nice trophy no doubt about it, but your feelings of killing it may change once its on the ground.

danny

Nope...wouldn't shoot him.....let him grow.....see what he becomes....Danny

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: davisd9 on November 01, 2013, 09:56:12 PM
NO
Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on November 01, 2013, 07:04:31 PM

This is the mentality that is ruining hunting as a sport. Rather than enjoying it as a recreation it has turned into a trophy competitions in which you belittle others for following the laws. Your personal standard is for you and no one else so do not hold someone else to your standards. To some of us it is about the experience and not the bragging.

I have set standards for myself to increase my experience and I do not need others to help me with my pursuits. They are very achievable if I am willing to do the work to achieve them. I am very happy for anyone that is satisfied with their harvest and find it pretty upsetting when someone says that they killed this buck as a cull just because the buck is younger and those like you have made them feel bad about it. Follow the laws of your hunting area and if you want to up your standard for harvest for you then fine, but do not belittle others because they are in it for meat and experience and not the "my buck has more inches than yours" crap.

You worry about how you hunt and I will worry about how I hunt and enjoy it.

Hunting has never been and never will be a sport.  No deer or turkey consents to engage in any form of competition.  For us it is a seasonal pursuit; for them, their lives are a continuous test of survival.

Hunters, in general are becoming more progressive in their mentalities.  They're more integrated through more extensive biological, physiological and strategic knowledge of how, where and why to hunt.  The culture surrounding it is changing and one movement gaining significant traction is management to ensure a healthy, more diversified age structure within both buck and doe herds.  There are many benefits to this trend with the most obvious being larger antlered bucks. 

I do not judge anyone for shooting the deer of their choice but I do shun killing for the sake of killing.  This is often disguised within your "experience" justification but I disagree.  If a guy is truly thrilled with a young deer, good for him but the "I killed it because my neighbor will" is antiquated, ignorant, incongruent with your point.

Keep on killing dinks and ill continue to appreciate the "experience" of hunting whitetails while pursuing the most mature within my populations. It's not about bragging or inches.  It's about evolving as a hunter past the days of our youth when any deer was harvest worthy. 

TrackeySauresRex

Big Fat Noooooo! I'm Passing! Bad JuJu right there. Let him walk. A great site to see in the woods.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."