OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Like a hole in my head!!!

Started by Gooserbat, September 17, 2013, 06:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

That's how much I need a new 12 Gauge, but I want one.  SBEII, that's what I want, but I just can't justify it when the ol' 870 dose what it dose.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

guesswho

It's hard to kill'em with dollar bills so I'd trade some of them for that new Nelli.  At least
thats what I told myself back in June when I wanted a SBE.  Go for it!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

outdoors

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE , GO FOR IT AND ENJOY .......  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

bigbird

I really like mine alot! I've read on here some bad things about the poa vs poi. I had to put a sight on mine to gun straightened out but I don't care it's a freakin turkey bustin machine!!

vaturkey

The Benelli SBE is an awesome gun ! I used one for 7 years until I got a Benelli M2  20 Ga. this year. For the money you can get the M2 & have a couple hundred extra bucks to get a great choke & some Fed HW 7's & kill gobblers just as good. JMO.  Good Luck !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Tail Feathers

As long as the family eats and the bills get paid, go for it! :fud:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

canadatom

I myself have wanted a new duck gun, not a question of need but one of want, after reading responses here I think I will go ahead and just do it. So thanks for putting this post up and helping me to decide to just go ahead and do it, and enjoy your new gun!!! ;D

Gooserbat

It won't happen until after the 1st of the year.  I keep wondering what's better a Browning Maxis or SBEII?
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

870FaceLift

Not to start a new topic, but you can't go wrong with either, Gooserbat.  I have an SBEII and will never let it go.  My cousin, whom I hunt with throughout the season, has a Maxus.  I couldn't tell you his choke/shell combo, but it flat out shoots, too.  I don't think either of us would trade for the other.
Pass it on...

tomstopper

drenalinld

If you can afford it you will not regret it. Maxus is a great gun as well. Just get what feels best for you. As far as 12 ga turkey patterns go, Maxus is a little easier to get good ones.

Rio Fan

I have a left handed SBEII and I absolutely love it.  It fits me well.  I do a lot of waterfowl hunting and I love a semi-auto for shooting ducks/geese.  I used a Remington 870 for years and occasionally still use it for turkeys, but I personally like being able to just pull the trigger 3 times  (if needed) compared to a pump action gun.

busta biggun

I LOVE mine and I never regretted spending the extra money. My old Mossberg 835 was working just fine, but I bought this SBE and gave my Mossberg to my best hunting buddy. Now when things are slow, I love just sitting there looking at it. Helps pass the time. When things aren't slow, I know I can count on it to go bang when I need it to! I've had it for 13 years and when I got it re-dipped it looks and performs like brand new!

Gooserbat

OK I have a Grand Idea...one of those that would impress everyone except my wife and mother-in-law. 

If you guys will buy enough Gooserbat Diaphragms this spring I'll set aside a SBEII fund to help with the purchase.  We'll call it the HOG-O (Help Ol' Gooserbat Out) fund.

I love you guys. (in a completely heterosexual man crush kinda way)
NWTF Booth 1623

guesswho

Quote from: Gooserbat on September 24, 2013, 05:49:33 PM
OK I have a Grand Idea...one of those that would impress everyone except my wife and mother-in-law. 

If you guys will buy enough Gooserbat Diaphragms this spring I'll set aside a SBEII fund to help with the purchase.  We'll call it the HOG-O (Help Ol' Gooserbat Out) fund.

I love you guys. (in a completely heterosexual man crush kinda way)
I say buy the SBEII and hold a raffle like Fred Sanford did. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff