turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who all out there Films?

Started by spitndrum, March 10, 2011, 02:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitndrum

If you film your hunts which camera do you have?

My buddies have XL1 and a XL2 they are looking to upgrade to HD soon.

jwhunter

Yea i film. i have a Sony Handy Cam HD. i do it for home Videos and send to friends and Family. it will make great memories when im old.

i bought it from Best Buy 3 years ago. when i deer hunt i have a camera arm i take with me. and when i Turkey hunt i have a little tripod to use.

check out my youtube page and you can see the quality of the camera

http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthernHuntN?feature=mhum

Timber Chicken

I do but I just have a little Sony Handycam. Wish I could afford a HD.

doublelung

I'm gonna start this spring, I bought one of the i-kam pair of glasses.
I'd rather be in the woods thinking about God, than be in church thinking about being in the woods...

LX_Trkyhntr

The camera that I have run for the last 3 springs was the Canon XH A1
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Fullfan

This will be my first year, I wish I could have done it 20 years ago. Looked into the ikam's, but were told do not hunt them is it is wet. So Ibought a GoPro 960hd.  It was 170.00 and is water proof to180 ft. Comes with all kinds of mounts even a head band mount. It records in Hd at 30 or 60 FPS.

Can not wait....
Don't gobble at me...

wvboy

Quote from: Fullfan on March 10, 2011, 03:34:02 PM
This will be my first year, I wish I could have done it 20 years ago. Looked into the ikam's, but were told do not hunt them is it is wet. So Ibought a GoPro 960hd.  It was 170.00 and is water proof to180 ft. Comes with all kinds of mounts even a head band mount. It records in Hd at 30 or 60 FPS.

Can not wait....

How are you planning on mounting it?  I thought about one.. but didn't see a suitable mount that would allow me to still wear a cap and face mask.. are you going with the headband around your cap or somthing??

I got the Ikams for Christmas so I am going to try them.. but most of the time I try to use my handcam and tripod.. this is only for those time when I can't use that..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Fullfan

wv. I am planning in just wearing  the head band mount. I took the camera out shed hunting several days ago. The video was great, I received a phone call (cell) when I was in the woods. The sound quality blew me away, I could hear the caller like he was setting next to me. I am planning on purchasing a spare battery. They only give about 2.5 hours of record time. The nice thing about the camera is the one touch video record mode. It turns the camera on and starts recording. There is a very light "beep" when it starts recording, so you know it is on.  I am also going to purchase a handelbar mount, I will put it on my bow stabeliser for archery hunting.

Check out the vidoes that have been posted on youtube.

I can't wait to give it a turkey bhunt test ride.....
Don't gobble at me...

fallhnt

I film my bow hunts with a Sony HVR-A1U.Good camera for the money.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TRKYHTR

I've been videoing turkey and some hunts for about 5 years. I use a Sony DCR VX 2100 on a Sony VCT-870RM tripod. The tripod is the key. It plugs into the camera and has an arm that allows you to run the camera, zoom in and out. Turn on and off and take a picture. That was my best investment. Before that I had a cheap tripod. If you didn't move much it worked ok but it wasn't very smooth and made the film jump on screen. You can go to my youtube site TRKYHTR1 and check out some of my videoing.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Fox Fire

Dumb question for the day...how do find pages or sites on you tube?? Is ther a certain place to click on or do need a certain adress to type in ?

Flydown

Just type the user name in the search bar at the top. :icon_thumright:

njdevilsb

I just started filming hunts last year.  Got some gobbling, a miss, a kill and a part of another kill on film last year.

spitndrum

You guys can check out some of our videos on YOUTUBE search Team TLBB some of the audio was cut but the video is still there, these video was filmed with a samsung handi cam not the canons.

spitndrum