turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

It's Raining - It's Pouring... 09/01/13 Devotional

Started by pappy, September 01, 2013, 10:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

It's raining in Lilbourn today...on everyone...the just and unjust alike. We have all likely heard the quote:
"It rains on the just and the unjust."
Let me get right to the point. Although these are not the exact words, this is from the Bible. Here is what we find in the Gospel of Matthew.
"He sends rain on the just and on the unjust." – Matthew 5:45
The "He" is parenthetical because this is only the second half of the statement in verse 45. The entire quote goes this way:

"He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." – Matthew 5:45

Yesterday it was sunny, today it is raining. God has created our universe and everything in it. We all share in the natural things of life, both the sun and the rain, the good and the bad, the happy and the sad. Jesus was making the point that the children of God should be different than the rest of the world. We all experience like circumstances, but as Christians we are to rise above our circumstances. He closes out His teaching at the end of Matthew 5 this way:
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." – Matthew 5:48
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy !  God Bless You My Friend !

Ricky 
Vaturkey