Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

More than what you have become ~ Devotion ~ 8/27/13

Started by lightsoutcalls, August 28, 2013, 08:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Has God ever spoken to you through what you might consider an odd source?  Today's devotion includes a brief clip from a Disney movie that is nearly 2 decades old.  Before anyone feels the self-righteous aire coming over them... I don't agree with all of Disney's movies or practices.  I figure, hey, if God can use a donkey to speak to Balaam... get my drift?  Watch the brief clip below.  Focus mainly up to the 1:26 point of the video.  Watch it a second time if you need to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maARmxjj3f0

Tracking?

Let's go to God's word to get the application:

James 1:22-27
New Living Translation (NLT)
22 But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. 23 For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.

26 If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. 27 Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

Sometimes we get lost in the pace of everyday life.  Just trying to make ends meet sometimes takes more of us than we realize.  If God wants to speak to me through an unconventional source... I've got a few minutes...  Sometimes we need to listen to the "donkeys" in our lives.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

BOFF

WOW!!!

Great devotional Wendell!!

Amazing of how WE tend to put limits on God as well, as to what of who He will speak through.

God Bless,
David B.