turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best reticle for a turkey scope?

Started by CntrlPA, August 23, 2013, 10:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CntrlPA

What do you guys consider the best reticle for a turkey scope? I'm intrigued by the idea of getting a Leupold 1x20 and getting a dot put in as the reticle.  All of my red dots have a dot and I've grown fond of them. I don't think standard cross hairs would cut it in the turkey woods for me.

ericjames

my favorite is a red dot with a small dot 3 or 4 moa. I had a tru glo gobble stopper and it was ok, I believe it was a 3 moa with the circle around it. I also about 10 years ago I tried a simmons pro diamond I didn't care for it very much either. I would rather shoot a bead than those . I like the burris ff2 and 3  and I like the weaver micro dot I am trying now. I might get a Mueller quick shot in the near future to try out.

beagler

Never Misses

WildSpur

Really like the 4 moa dot on my ff2.  Not sure if I would like anything bigger.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

rock54

i bought a bushnell trophy xlt 1.75 x 4 x 32, for my wifes 870 youth and my 1187 sportsman... it has the crosshair with a small circle
reticle, smaller than the diamond in the pro diamond scope...it crisp and very clear in all shades of light.. sightd in with the top of circle on the turkey head on target, not the neck and shoot... pattern is alittle top heavy but i and her like it... she killd two birds this past spring out to 22 paces and i killd two birds out to 26paces... could be somethin for you to look into... good luck in your decision, russ and dee

vaturkey

Leupold VX2  2x7  Heavy Duplex !    :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

chatterbox

Twowithone

Simmons Pro Diamond. Can be used to judge deer distances also. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

outdoors

Aimpoint 9000SC Red Dot Sight. 4 MOA.  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

remmy1187

With a red dot type I like a circle with a dot and with a regular tube type scope I like the older Nikon Monarch turkey-pro reticle.

TScottW99

I have a Leupold 1X4 with their Turkey Recticle.  I really like it and it works for me & my T/C Encore. 
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

FullChoke

I have a Mueller red dot sight and I really prefer the 3 MOA over the other reticles. I can crank the illumination on it up and still see the turkey's head. The 5 MOA dot covers the gobbler's head up and I can't follow him if I can't see him.

Aim small to miss small.  :icon_thumright:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Sako358

I have "Leupold Dot" reticles on all my scopes except my newer big game rifles which have B&C reticles.  I absolutely love Leupold dot reticles.
I bought a 1x5 Leupold Illuminated Circle dot 3 years ago for my main Long range Turkey gun and absolutely love it.
Leupold created the "Turkey Plex" for a reason. I would trust them!
Good Luck!!
Run & Gun: Benelli SBE 2, Trijicon RMR, IC .710, Hevi 13 #5 Zero 30 yds
Blind Gun:  Benelli SBE 2, Leupold 1.5x5 Circle Dot, Trulock .665, Federal HW #5 Zero 40 yds
Field Gun: Benelli Super Nova, Leupold 6x42, Harris Bipod, IC .670, Federal HW #5 Zero 50 yds