OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 20" barrel pattern pics

Started by SgtUSMC, August 14, 2013, 09:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtUSMC

Switched to a Sumtoy choke in the 835.  These are the Hevi patterns.   These 1 3/4 oz shells in 3 1/2" Hevi 6 continue to impress me.   I think when I get into reloading I'm going to go with an 1 3/4 load of 6's or 7's. 

I was happy with the Pure Gold choke also, but it didn't put up any good lead numbers for me.  The Sumtoy shot both lead and Hevi shot well.

I have a bunch of Flight control loads in lead and the Sumtoy held killing patterns easily out to 40.

Good luck to everyone heading out this fall.

ericjames

that looks good right there, I just bought a 835 w/20" right after season I like the feel of the short barrel just aint had time to pattern it yet, I have the pure gold 670 I was gonna try in it, if that don't work I will have to call sumtoy..

tomstopper

SgtUSMC

After checking the 2 oz pattern I didn't have the circle around the densest part of the pattern.  I moved the 10" circle a couple inches up and right around 45 degrees and it went 205.

I'm really happy with this choke and patterns.   Went high 120's with lead 2 oz Flight control 5's also.   Killer for sure.

ILIKEHEVI-13

That's a very good pattern. 

If I may, I would like to show you how my buddy Mark's 835 shot with that same size shot and same weight load in a 3" shell out of the Pure Gold .670 choke I gave him from his 24" barrel 835 at a tape measured 40yds from tip of choke to target.  I couldn't believe it.  That was one of my shells, too.  LOL!

ericjames

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on August 25, 2013, 01:32:11 AM
That's a very good pattern. 

If I may, I would like to show you how my buddy Mark's 835 shot with that same size shot and same weight load in a 3" shell out of the Pure Gold .670 choke I gave him from his 24" barrel 835 at a tape measured 40yds from tip of choke to target.  I couldn't believe it.  That was one of my shells, too.  LOL!

That's nasty looking stuff for sure..

chatterbox

I'm a firm believer that the 3" shell is all you need. I shoot the 3-2-7's in Hevi-13, and I will never look back!
BTW, those are some great patterns outta that  SumToy! :icon_thumright:

mckinzie

SgtUSMC

All this patterning, spending money on camo clothing, chokes and shells,  shoulder bruising etc....  and I end up killing my fall gobbler wearing blaze orange with a low brass 2 3/4 lead 6 coming out of a modified choke 20 gauge at 15 yards while rabbit hunting.   The birds were running and my beagles circled him right to me like a big bunny.

packmule

chatterbox

Awesome! What a great bird! Congrats! :icon_thumright:

archery1

i have a 835 with sumtoy choke also.. i shot all 3" shells outta it.. and i get high 170's to mid 180's with hevi 7's..  i have shot 4 different chokes and 6 different types of shells and went with the sumtoy choke...  that choke is the best i ever shot!!!! can't wait to try the turkey thug shells this year
Take a kid hunting

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

mikejd

Congrats on a nice bird. Go figure with the shells. So much for that mortgage payment for hevi shot.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!