turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Please boycott "The Butler."

Started by bustedspur, August 13, 2013, 07:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustedspur

I feel awkward posting this on a hunting forum...please accept my apologies but I am passionate about this.  Being this is a General forum I will go ahead and post it.

On August 16th, a movie called "The Butler opens. It would probably have been a great idea for a movie had the producers done a better job of casting. They chose Jane Fonda, also known as "Hanoi Jane", for the role of Nancy Reagan. Hanoi Jane is not worthy of walking through Nancy Reagan's shadow.

Hanoi Jane, for those too young to remember, betrayed this country and it's servicemen, by traveling to North Vietnam in July of 1972. It was one thing to be against the war, a lot of good Americans expressed their anger against the war. But Hanoi Jane became a traitor to this country. She accused our brave servicemen of being war criminals, and killers. She brought supplies and aid to our enemy. She posed for photos while sitting on North Vietnamese artillery that... was used to kill United States servicemen. She made radio broadcasts praising North Vietnam and denouncing the United States of America. She openly cheered the death of Americans shot down in North Vietnam, and used American Prisoners of War for her own publicity. She should have been tried and convicted of treason.

Hanoi Jane has never apologized for her actions. In fact, upon learning of Vietnam veteran's opposition to her portraying Nancy Reagan, she said, "They should get a life".

Well, Hanoi Jane, I as well as all Vietnam veterans "have a life". 58,272 names on a wall in Washington, unfortunately do not. 245 of them were awarded the Medal of Honor. Some of them may have lost their life as a direct result of your actions.

You further showed your disregard for this country, it's veteran's and servicemen by appearing recently wearing a shirt with a picture of you taken in North Vietnam.

You playing Nancy Reagan is a disgrace. You should have been held accountable for your actions years ago.

I beg all Americans to please join us in boycotting this movie, and anything else having to do involving Jane Fonda. Anyone that loves our country, respects it's veterans, and supports it's servicemen, can not in good conscience, see or support Hanoi Jane in this or any other endeavour.

Thank you for your support in this boycott. GOD BLESS AMERICA

Respectfully submitted

F. Robert Cawley
Hornell, New York
U.S. Army veteran
25th Infantry Division 1968- 1969

slamman

I never watch anything that communist wh*@e is in.

savduck

My dad was a pilot with the Big Red 1 in 68/69. My grandad was also a vietnam vet. I stand with you.

God bless all the troops.
Georgia Boy

gob09

this is my first post on OG in a while.... the commy bast.'s in hollywood cast IT  on purpose i am too young to remember but i heard all about it when i was a kid

Hognutz

I'm with you all the way on this one..Commie witch!!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

tomstopper

Quote from: Hognutz on August 13, 2013, 09:47:08 PM
I'm with you all the way on this one..Commie witch!!  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
X2. Just seeing the previews alone made me not want to see that movie any way but now I will be sure to spread the news to my fellow friends & family. God Bless.......

mikejd

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
I'm with you. I will try to get this to as many as possible.

Do you mind if I copy and paste your write up on other sites.

Tail Feathers

I had no idea that sorry ^*&(* was in the movie.  I'll definitely pass on watching it and will spread the word.
I was young but still recall seeing video of her playing and laughing on the artillery guns the enemy used to shell our boys over there.
I hope it's a box office flop and she never works again. :z-dizzy:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Old Gobbler

Started reading your post got down to the part " Jane Fonda" that's about all I need to see -- screw that traitor  sellout and anything she has anything to do with --

I'm Shannon ,and I approve this message.........
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

pappy

I don't usually post replies to things like this, but I had a brother in Nam and a sister there too, both came home in sad shape, my brother had a mental issue after seeing so much blood during one of the attacks, a sniper shot his friend's head near off. He said it was terrible, had to eat the rice inside of bugs to make it at one point. To hear J.F. playing the role of the very thing she sold out, is disgusting, noone should honor this movie with ten seconds of their attention. God Bless our men and women in uniform, those fighting, those who fought and those who never made it home.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

870FaceLift

Pass it on...

Austy

As A Vet and like Shannon said as soon as I read the name I didn't need to read any more.  Count me in!!!

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ChiefBubba

RutnNStrutn

I have not ever, and will not ever support anything that benefits Hanoi Jane!! She should have been thrown in prison on her return from Vietnam decades ago, then tried, then executed for treason. I have studied wars since I was a child, and have known about this despicable event since it was first publicized. As a result, I have never supported the Fonda's, nor will I ever. It disgusts me to think that she lives a life of luxury and fame, after what she did to our country, our veterans and our POW's. To hell with her!! >:( :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an