Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 08/09/2013 "Is God with You"

Started by BOFF, August 09, 2013, 08:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

The Lord was watching over me that evening, August 12, 2008. It was raining, and the guy who hit me had a seizure and came all the way over into my lane and hit me in the front driver's side tire.

I was almost completely off my side of the road on an embankment when he hit me. It turned me around and flipped the truck. I was headed south and ended up in the ditch pointed north.

All the belongings in my truck, including glovebox, center console, backseat stuff, and floorboard stuff, were strown everywhere inside. Fortunately, I lost connection earlier with my cell phone and had stuck it under my leg in the seat. I remember finally coming to a stop and my arm was so badly burned from the airbag, and smoke was coming out of the air conditioning, I thought my arm was on fire! I turned the truck off, and I was albe to call 911 due to the phone still being under my leg.

I remember thinking I needed to call my wife as she was at home, and I remember calling the home number (hitting the green house on the keypad) and her answering the phone. I found out later the home phone was out due to the storm, and I had talked to her on her cell phone. I didn't call her cell phone, as she never answered it back then!!!

I was pretty scared as I was sitting in my truck waiting on the ambulance, because I started swelling up like a hot air ballon, and feeling some pain. Straight into triage no waiting though, with 6-8 people around me doing different things. I was so swollen they couldnt determine any internal bleeding and kept me in observation for a long time before sending me to a room. During the observation time, the state trooper came in to issued me a ticket for no proof of insurance, while I'm in triage. LOL. I had insurance, but no wallet at the time to offer proof, as it was no where to be found in all the clutter.

Later the next morning, all the swelling went down, and no internal bleeding!!!

Both my big tool box, and 2 side tool boxes opened up scattered all my tools on on Hwy 69. Fortunately the bus driver behind the guy who hit me saw the accident and started calling friends. A bunch arrived after/during the time I was taken to the hospital, and started searching for my belongings. Out of all the tools scattered in the high grass, ditches, and roadway, I only lost one Klein screwdriver, and an 1/2" drive universal joint socket!!!!

My wallet and checkbook which were in the center console were nowhere to be found. My friend who had my truck towed to his property down the road from the accident, searched my truck high and low and couldn't find my wallet. He is a police officer, and he had to get back to work, (as he left work to come help) and realized he had left his service light in my truck. When he went back to the truck, which was in the back of his house/field, to get his light, my wallet was sitting in the drivers seat!!!! He knows it wasn't there earlier, and no one came up his 1/4 mile drive and drove to the back of his house without him knowing it!!!

Yes, there are many other things which happened which I won't go into during the accident, BUT I KNOW, the Lord has his hands upon me. I remember saying out loud, when the impact of the other guys truck hit me...

Protect me Jesus, Protect me Jesus, Protect me Jesus, over and over again, until finally the truck stopped turing around, and over and over.

Psalm 46 (NLV)

God Is with Us

46 God is our safe place and our strength. He is always our help when we are in trouble. 2 So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and the mountains fall into the center of the sea, 3 and even if its waters go wild with storm and the mountains shake with its action.

4 There is a river whose waters make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High lives. 5 God is in the center of her. She will not be moved. God will help her when the morning comes. 6 The people made noise. The nations fell. He raised His voice and the earth melted. 7 The Lord of All is with us. The God of Jacob is our strong place.

8 Come and see the works of the Lord. He has destroyed parts of the earth. 9 He stops wars to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two. He burns the war-wagons with fire. 10 Be quiet and know that I am God. I will be honored among the nations. I will be honored in the earth. 11 The Lord of All is with us. The God of Jacob is our strong place.

Thank You Lord for Your protection, mercy, grace, love, and the salvation I have in Your son Jesus!!!

If you want to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and the love he has for you, but just don't know what to do, please  ask me.

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

David, words fail me as I thank our gracious Heavenly Father for His mercies toward you.  Praise be to our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.  His mercy endures forever!

Praying for you, brother.

misfire

Thanks David. I too know how protective God can be and am profoundly thankful
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net