turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The front note of the yelp-instructional

Started by scott ellis, March 10, 2011, 06:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott ellis

Here's a little video of how to achieve the clear, whiney, high front note of the yelp.

SE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkKR3eYnBd4

drum817

Again...THANKS for the post....very cool  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Basser69

mcharlton

Another awesome video!!! ... Thanks for taking the time to do these!!! ... Id love to see one on excited cutting

scott ellis

Glad to have been some help!  Cutting will be my next video.  I am heading to the woods to hunt tomorrow, South Zone Florida!  It will be up some time next week.

SE

mmusso

Thanks for taking the time to do this. This is very helpful!

big j

ghillie

azturkeyaddict

Great video!! Thanks for the tip, I'm practicing now!

DUCKDIGGLER

Scott....super video...thank you for posting it.

Are there any other tips to getting that clean front end? I am fit to be tied trying to clean up that first note. It seems no matter what the cut I have rasp....too much in my opinion. I can run a call fairly well....been using one since 1986 but that clean front end is ALL HEN and I want to learn it bad!

I seem to run 2 or 2.5 reed med. stretch calls the best, inverted reed, batwing and ghost cuts are the ones I favor.

Any additional tips or clarification on this subject would be very, very much appreciated!

By the way I just ordered a pair of your call for Midwest TS to see how they run.

Thank you!

DD :you_rock:

TnTurk

DUCKDIGGLER

Can anyone offer any insight into perfecting that clear front end on the yelp?

Any DVDs you'd suggest or other training tool.

I would love to get my calling to that next level.....any and all comments welcomed! :thanks:

scott ellis

To go a little more in depth Duck, when your attempting to get the front end of the yelp, try to "pant" on the call or envision your fogging a mirror.  You want to push the air not blow the call. Then place light pressure with your tongue until you clean up the rasp.  In essence all were really doing is restricting the cut or top reed from vibrating allowing the clear sound of the second and third reeds to start the yelp.

se