OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The Gun Makers are listening

Started by allaboutshooting, August 02, 2013, 07:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

The gun makers are listening to what we as shooters want. There are several new guns, handguns, shotguns and rifles that are being made in direct response to what we've told them we want.

The same is true for ammo makers, especially in the home defence and personal defence areas.

Those folks who make turkey loads have been impacted by the rising price of all the components of those shells but the folks at Hevi-Shot have hung in there with us.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

nyhunter

Clark,  Can you reveal any pf these new gun's? are there any turkey specific gun's ?

Thanks, Gerri

allaboutshooting

Quote from: nyhunter on August 02, 2013, 07:57:51 PM
Clark,  Can you reveal any pf these new gun's? are there any turkey specific gun's ?

Thanks, Gerri

Many of the gun makers have found that revealing their new guns at SHOT is not to their advantage, if they are not readily available to the general public. In the past, they would give us tool room guns at th media day at the range at SHOT but they would not be available for most hunters/shooters for months or even years from that time. The "Grand" has become an alternative venue to unveil new guns that are actually available for most shooter and hunters.

The Grand begins in just a few days at the World Shooting & Recreation Complex in Sparta, Illinois, just about 45 minutes from us. We'll be there and will visit and talk with all of the major makers of guns and ammo and will be able to try most of the new long guns that will be actually available in the next 12 months or so.

There is a "black out" period from now until then which we must respect but I'll let you know what I know after that.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

nyhunter

:icon_thumright: I understad, Keep us posted asap.

outdoors

THIS IS REAL GOOD TO KNOW , I KEEP THINKING HOW @ WHAT ARE THEY GOING TODO TO MAKE IT BETTER AN MORE INTERESTING ,
I CAM ACROSS THIS > Molot Vepr 12 Semi Auto shotguns ! < AND WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT THE MOST IS THE CLIP NOT A TUBE FOR THE SHELLS , MAYBE THEY'LL HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

DirtNap647

nice to know there listening cant wait to see